PDA

View Full Version : just taken my head off

ydg27
04-04-04, 01:47 PM
i have just stripped down my 1.7td and found the problem(s). the head gasket is cracked and the cylinder head is also cracked!
so i need a head if anyone had got one.
does anyone know if the 1.5d head is the same as the 1.7td head?

te17@novasgonemad
04-04-04, 04:28 PM
oow m8 that must have hurt!! (taking ur hed off) lol. not being an engineer or mechanic so don't take my word for it but if u can do it on a petrol which u can then y not on a weisel.

i was thinking of getting a 17td out of an astra estate the setup that already got as stated on the back of the car sports intercooler but now ive herd some of the problems with urs im not sure what with ur pipes going and head now either it shudnt be in there or ur a really mean driver towards ur car lol im hoping ur say the second one so that i go down the route of making my car into the beast it was designed to be

Aragorn
04-04-04, 08:35 PM
what boost are u running and is it intercooled?

i know mikey owens 1.7td vectra blew a hg running just over 1.1bar (iirc) and im sure it was intercooled

maybe some kinda uprated headgasket is required?

ydg27
05-04-04, 12:18 PM
been running 22psi now for 16k without intercooler and she was a mint engine. it went when i was in macdonalds drive through. lol

ydg27
06-04-04, 11:48 AM
just had word from the engineering company i sent it to. its shagged!
they took out one of the heater plug ports and there was a 1mm wide crack going the full depth and half the length of the head.
so i need a new head quick, or a new engine