PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to get the mk2 headlight switch out?

dunova
04-04-04, 12:51 PM
I've been trying for the past hour to get my headlight, fog lamp and headlamp range controller out and i've given up coz its doin my f**king head in!Anyone have any advice on getting them out?With the headlamp switch i think i just need to pull on it but i afraid it might break?Any help much appreciated :D

cooper_nova
04-04-04, 05:53 PM
erm... i got a mk 1 but i wud sugest looking in a haynes manual they shud cover it in there, but i wud think its either screwed on or on clips
soz i can't b nemore help

johnatstroma
04-04-04, 05:54 PM
it is a hell of a job to remove, i broke mine cause i just pulled it and put a screwdriver in to lever it out.
wat u need to get is 2 strips of metal with a 5mm 90 degree bend at the ends.
u then have to put 1 in each side of the swith under the black "disk" that has th symbols on it.

its in the max power nova mod book if you are after pics of it, iv still to get new 1 4 my car!

Philsutton
04-04-04, 06:31 PM
i always break it when i take it out. I looks like a real bast**d to get out but i can never be arsed, would be interesting to see how you actually get them out.

Jack
04-04-04, 07:37 PM
It is a bastard to remove. Basically you gotta pull the swith out as if interior light on, and to sidelights on position. Looking underneat there's a small tang to press that will allow you to remove the switch part.

Then to remove the back plate (the round bit with the white marks for lights on/off on it), as johnatstroma said u need the bent bit of metal to hook under it and pull out. Takes a bit of effort, and the haynes manual isn't very clear about it.

dunova
05-04-04, 10:28 AM
cheers guys i'll give it a try it wouldn't surprise me if i break it though-all i want it out for is to spray the whole surround silver!

Benn
05-04-04, 12:25 PM
i found if u pull it hard it will cum out
then u can bent the clips down a bit so its easyer 2 pull out

Aamir
06-04-04, 10:15 AM
http://www.vauxnova.co.uk/TWINSWITCH/twinswitch.htm

scroll down a bit, may help