PDA

View Full Version : Dying C20XE!

so1o
04-04-04, 10:16 AM
My xe is dying :( but have to say, bullet proof engine's :lol: . 6 months in my nova and is finally on its way out!

Oh well, it happens :!:

cooper_nova
04-04-04, 10:18 AM
oh sorry to hear that fella !

is it terminal engine probs or will a rebuild sort it?

wots wrong wiv it?

MC
04-04-04, 10:18 AM
What is up with it?

MC

so1o
04-04-04, 10:23 AM
Well, tappets getting really loud. Rev's shooting up and down, not pulling properly. Ever driven a car with the handbrake partially up, it feels like that when driving it. Like someone keeps pulling it up and down.

I dont really know what to do, rebuild or buy another, plenty around to buy, so i have to decide.

MC, you and CP did a fantastic job, best fun factor car i have had/driven. No snapped cables, no driveshaft problems, and people say Valvers are headache.

Breeny
04-04-04, 01:03 PM
Take your foot off the break then ;) lol

Tappets are probably noisy as it may have a blocked oil way or something? XE's are prone to noisy tappets anyway so that'll probably just make it worse.

Revs shooting up and down could be idle control valve/air flow meter or something?

Don't get an engine just yet mate, few checks and you could save yourself ?500 lol

Neil.
04-04-04, 02:55 PM
your not carrying a midget in the back you dont know of that keeps pulling the hand brake up and down are you?

sorry to hear it mate, hope you get it sorted.

peester
04-04-04, 03:44 PM
ya prob didn't rebuild the lump before transplant did ya. always useful.

so1o
05-04-04, 08:02 AM
lol

Rebuild is always an option but i dont think that would have lasted to long anyway.

Really got to decide over the next few days wether to buy a new car, follow the trend eh lads?

If i stick with the nova, im thinking DTA management, QED Q42H cams, anyone know anymore about these cams?

But i really want a new 4 wheel drive sport luxury car lol.

S3 anyone?

Alex
05-04-04, 01:20 PM
Sorry to hear that mate. From what I can see you have put a fair amount of money and time into that car since I saw it at CPs with the original paint and engine (engine is still working fine in my car btw)

so1o
06-04-04, 02:56 AM
Yes Alex, wish i had some pics of how it looked when it was at Cp's the first time round lol.

Im glad the engine that came out of mine is in good nick, i thought it was pretty decent, something like 70,000 miles from an F reg GTE no bad eh?

Alex i need to spend atleast anopther 3k to get it how i want, nothing special just how i want, so i really need to see wheter to go on blowing money on it or buy a new motor.

Decisions decisions!

cooper_nova
06-04-04, 02:58 AM
do wot u think is best fella

so1o
06-04-04, 03:06 AM
Yes I know mate! But thats the problem its hard deciding.

Anyway what you doing at 3am?

cooper_nova
06-04-04, 03:08 AM
not able to sleep coz i got sevre pain in me left knee!

wots ur reason for not being in bed at 3am?????
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

so1o
06-04-04, 03:12 AM
Im at work and going out of my mind.

cooper_nova
06-04-04, 03:16 AM
oh i dream of going bk to work!!! :(

wot do u do mate?

so1o
06-04-04, 07:15 AM
Security until i decide o get of my arse and pursue my chosen line of work.

cooper_nova
06-04-04, 01:18 PM
Security until i decide o get of my arse and pursue my chosen line of work.

well at least u got a job and r able and allowed to work!!