PDA

View Full Version : I give Up!!!, wrote off my baby today(couple of BIG pics)

novashed
03-04-04, 11:24 PM
things were looking up with the valver lump nearly rebuilt and all parts sought and ready, paint all done car looking sweet ready for some summer shows etc.

Crashed into a lampost today doing 20mph, has totaled the fron of the car, so its gonna need a reshell

THREE years HARD GRAFT DOWN THE PISSER!!!

sorry for pic size!!

http://uploader.co.uk/images/p1010104.jpg

5_door owner
03-04-04, 11:45 PM
unlucky mate :puppydog: wots ya plans with it now then :?: :?: :?:

epo
03-04-04, 11:53 PM
sorry to hear that mate ur looked mint an all

jkhilton
04-04-04, 12:06 AM
I'm gutted for you, your car does look really nice. Dont let it put you off though. Is the front end completely knackered??? or could it all be jigged straight???

When I crashed my GSi on the motorway, the front right wheel was snapped and bent underneath the car and all the bay was pushed in. I thought it would be a write off, but I took it to a garage and they said it could be put straight again(admittedly they fucked me around and they were crap!!! but if you get a decent garage, then it can be done)

Take a look at what Ste sanders has repaired before now, you may be able to fix it.

John

cooper_nova
04-04-04, 12:39 AM
sorry to hear that mate ur nova looked nice
:o :o

-Bruce-
04-04-04, 10:27 AM
:o im gutted for you mate!! it looked like sucha a sweet car. its shite that it happened now eh just when you were waiting for everything to come together!! :cry: ah well!! :)

Nath
04-04-04, 11:02 AM
gutted 4 u m8! ive nearly had 2 accidents in the last week thanks to women drivers. and yes it was completly there fault!

cooper_nova
04-04-04, 11:12 AM
gutted 4 u m8! ive nearly had 2 accidents in the last week thanks to women drivers. and yes it was completly there fault!

lmao! handbags r off now FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol,lol,lol
:twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

novashed
04-04-04, 01:40 PM
cheerzs for the comments guys, i feell rel shit today wrist bent the steering wheel so im off to A&E to have it looked at.

im not giving up! got aspanking valver lump so it gotta go somewhere, reshell i think by the end of summer, it will be done!!!

Ste_Nova
04-04-04, 01:57 PM
need to see pics....

do the doors still open?

novashed
04-04-04, 09:14 PM
doors still open. the nearside chassis leg is bent to shit.

good to know the front end i welded on two years ago had no sign of letting go but some of the factory weld have split

gonna start looking for an old granny's minter this week

do what ive always wanted, a concours valver nova. watch out Karl

cooper_nova
04-04-04, 10:04 PM
good luck finding an old granny minter fella!!!

Ste_Nova
04-04-04, 11:06 PM
still need to see pics

Ben
04-04-04, 11:13 PM
Ste you still got the pics of Joff's car before and after?

Breeny
04-04-04, 11:38 PM
Yeh but Joff reshelled his?

Riggy
05-04-04, 12:05 AM
have you seen joffs at the moment lol , a lot of work to be done there :D

Jack
05-04-04, 08:37 AM
I trashed my hatch a few years ago, hit a badger and fell off the road (bounced along a fence and ended up grounded in a hedge with a concrete post in the radiator). Bodyshop guy said the insurance company would have written it off just for the dent in the door (let alone the rather mis-shapen front end lol). Got some pics somewhere.... didn't look too bad until we took the bumper off and realised the front end was V shaped :o

Cost a fair bit in money and time on the jig to straighten it back up, it would have probably been easier and cheaper to reshell it. And its another shade of red on my now multi-mexico red :lol:

cooper_nova
05-04-04, 08:39 AM
oops!!!!
:lol:

novashed
05-04-04, 02:31 PM
i soprted it witrh the girlfriends rfecovery so that was free. only insured TPF&T, its not worth the jigging when a new shell can be sought. one wing is fine so are the doors and bootlid. all thats gonna need spraying on the new shell is the rest including a bonnet. i never had the engine bay done. that was going to be done aftere id welded it up for the valver lump. so ithink its gonna be another grand payout for spraying!!!!

cooper_nova
05-04-04, 02:45 PM
ooh!!! soz to hear that costing u alot ur nova isn't it??

Ste_Nova
05-04-04, 02:58 PM
pics?....

if one wing is undamaged it cant' be that bad

novashed
05-04-04, 06:02 PM
trying to get hold of camera STE.

i want to reshell now anyway. the shell would have only lasted 3 yeras at most with all the dodgy welding i did when i was learning.

i can do a full weld up even the boot area around the turrets, follow the competition build manual like!

ive got it all planned now. im get the valver rebuild out the way as thats 2 thirds done then finish painting the wheels

ill try and get pics up of everything thats going on as it is interesting to pics

DUNOVA.
05-04-04, 06:25 PM
Sorry to hear that buddy hope you sort somthin out :(

novashed
08-04-04, 04:48 PM
pics up

scott.parker
08-04-04, 05:21 PM
Pic's arnt working mate..
Sorry to here bout the car hope you sort somthing before pv,and the national weekend?

scott

Ste_Nova
08-04-04, 07:03 PM
lol didn't you have a bumper on.... would have prob been fixable if you had

mine was

http://uploader.co.uk/images/c8264bd9e5c9980741efe3c504a7d2cb

novashed
08-04-04, 07:07 PM
thats exactly what i thought. the first crash in it i got away with it as the standard sr bumper got in the way and cushioned the blow. not so lucky this time, the bumper i usually have is fibreglass so would have shattered to pieces. thank god i didn't have my nicley painted alloys on, i think i would have cryed

novashed
08-04-04, 07:08 PM
thasnk god i didn't have the new valver lump in aswell, would have seriously shagged that aswell

James1
08-04-04, 07:09 PM
NO time to chat paul i'm itching to get to work :twisted: :D

novashed
08-04-04, 07:11 PM
find me a mint car for under 500 notes with a shagged engine then!