PDA

View Full Version : fao; any1 that works in halfords

5_door owner
03-04-04, 10:37 PM
rite im 16 and fcukin skint, and tired of havin no money

so just wonderin how old you have to be to work at halfords???

plus i no more about cars than their so called "experts" lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

jkhilton
03-04-04, 10:40 PM
I think you should be able to work there at 16, just not sure if there are limits on the hours etc.

John

Nath
03-04-04, 10:45 PM
hi m8 i started working in halfords thursday and i love it. u have to be 16 m8. just go in and ask for an application form and take it back 2 em once youve filled it in. they prob wont get back 2 u but keep pestering them about it and u will get a job. its easy work trust me. and decent money. dont expect to be put on ripspeed though cuz u wont! you will be stuck on parts.

peester
03-04-04, 10:45 PM
rite im 16 and fcukin skint, and tired of havin no money.

so just wonderin how old you have to be to work at halfords???

plus i no more about cars than their so called "experts" lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

as long as u've got a national insurance card you can work at halfords mate. The one good thing bout halfords is that even at 16 you get paid the normal rate (same as older staff).
you might know more about cars than their experts but i reality thats not what the jobs about. the more you know about 'halfords' stuff the better.

5_door owner
03-04-04, 10:54 PM
cheers guys,

ill be down at halfords 2moro an gettin an application form then

and ill get "genned up on halfords gear"

:lol: :lol:

btw wot are the wages like???

Nath
03-04-04, 11:09 PM
?4.56 an hour im on. u will prob get 4 hour shifts. like im on at the minute, and the thing that i dont like is that u get paid monthly! when i get my wages i know i will blow it all :lol:

novamark
04-04-04, 12:07 AM
i work on tills, i get 5.00 per hour, i get more coz tills are shit, i would do anything to be put on ripspeed though, the amount of shit i get from customers............. :evil:

peester
04-04-04, 12:50 AM
lol; how many of us are there on here; i know phil G is a troop as well.. and anton...

Nath
04-04-04, 11:04 AM
well theres 5 of us then. im hoping to be put on ripspeed soon as i wanna fit the stereos etc. fitting wiper blades and wheels trims is way to easy.

Philsutton
04-04-04, 11:19 AM
the fact that you have to fit them in the first place is worrying, like halfords charged some women bout ?40 to fit a mk2 hazzard light switch. :lol:

Nath
04-04-04, 11:24 AM
lol i know its ?3 i think for us to fit wiperblades. mind u i let a woman off yesterday just cuz she was well fit, :lol:

Philsutton
04-04-04, 11:32 AM
well i suppose thats alright then. I remember when i first got my nova i brought some lowering springs from halfords, asked how much to fit. Bout 250 to fit a set of springs, it was that that made me decide to do all my own work on it.

Nath
04-04-04, 11:48 AM
yeah i wouldnt let them fit anythink on my car lol. theres some mupets in there.

Nath
06-04-04, 08:39 PM
peester which halfords u work in m8 as i see your from staffordshire.

epo
06-04-04, 08:44 PM
i think u should work at halfords phil u could help the saxo boys out with mods to there car :wink: :lol: :lol:

Nath
06-04-04, 08:55 PM
i had to laugh the other day this old geezer come in and asked me if we had any wheel trims that had flashing neon lights on then :cry: i tryed to stop myslef laughing. and i asked him what car they were for and he said saxo. just made my day.

Dpnova
06-04-04, 10:39 PM
LOL

Jack
07-04-04, 08:47 AM
:lol:

altho driving my sisters saxo, i have developed a strong desire to go look at all the neons and glue on bits in Halfords.... The curse of the saxo! No.... must.... resist!

Riggy
07-04-04, 06:32 PM
i think u should work at halfords phil u could help the saxo boys out with mods to there car :wink: :lol: :lol:

go on epo mate we all now how hed love that haha :o

Philsutton
09-04-04, 12:41 PM
you have it all wrong i would actually love to mod some saxos just not in the traditional way, but instead with a lump hammer and paint stripper.

mark_GSi
10-04-04, 05:54 PM
lmfao

i must admit, a couple of good mates do own VTR's but they do suck

wasted 1 of them twice in a row at santa pod couple of months back

me and him both had 1.6 8v's

but ive modded mine a bit

dun him by about half a sec each time

:lol: :lol:

Adam
11-04-04, 02:44 PM
Jbobo-
Do you have to work in Halfords full time, or can you just do part time as in Saturday and Sundays.

Nath
11-04-04, 06:09 PM
i work whenever they want me usually i mostly work weekends though. just starting to get some hours in in the week now though cuz im not at skool or anything

RobIsGrt18
12-04-04, 07:02 PM
u get sum good "perks" working at halfords :lol: