PDA

View Full Version : TD Dials But Petrol Engine (The post formally know as Dials)

Muttly
03-04-04, 07:34 PM
Hey guys. I got a set of dials today from a scrapyard. BUT.... They're from a TD. Everything works right except for te rev counter (what I wanted it for). When the engine is ticking over the counter reads about 200rpm and at the limiter it reads about 800rpm. I know the limiter is around 6000 because its my third one (long story short, the first I got for parts, the second took the parts and hit a pier that jumped out in front of me, that was 2 years ago and I sold everything). Can someone tell me is the rev counter damaged, I'm just assuming it'd still give the right revs or will opel sell me a petrol rev counter, or better yet is there something I can do to the one I have to get it to read right.
One other thing. Theres a spare wire on the loom that plugs into the dials, it wasn't plugged into anything in the original dials and they worked perfectly. Any ideas?
Thanks guys.

MechaT
04-04-04, 01:08 AM
Probably got the wrong gearbox transponder.
I thought piers were in the sea. How'dya hit that? :o

ydg27
04-04-04, 01:45 PM
the TD produces a different pulse to the petrols (5x more than petrols) so the clocks compensate for this. i have digi clocks in my td and it ticks over at 5000rpm.

wanna sell those clocks of yours?

Muttly
04-04-04, 02:26 PM
Wanna trade? I'll send you the dials, you send me the digi dash and the bits that are needed.