PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 head on a 1.2 with extra mods...

drivebyracing
03-04-04, 05:22 PM
Just wondering guys if anyone knows if the following will work, ive been told it does:
putting a 1.3 head onto my 1.2 engine? ive been told they go like stink, bearing in mind my other mod are a full stainless 2inch right through and cam kit and weber carb on order, will it all pull together? Can anyone shed light on this, as all i can find in the forums are putting a 1.2 head on a 1.4, cheers peeps

Stuart
03-04-04, 06:02 PM
leave the 1.2 head on, unless the 1.3 one has been modified, ie port polish etc.

mowgli
03-04-04, 07:16 PM
maybe stick a good camshaft and a standard 1300 4-2-1 exhaust manifold onto your 1200. don't bother with a 1300 head

beghy
04-04-04, 02:52 AM
Just wondering guys if anyone knows if the following will work, ive been told it does:
putting a 1.3 head onto my 1.2 engine? ive been told they go like stink, bearing in mind my other mod are a full stainless 2inch right through and cam kit and weber carb on order, will it all pull together? Can anyone shed light on this, as all i can find in the forums are putting a 1.2 head on a 1.4, cheers peeps

why would anyone put a 1300 head on a 1200 bottom end?

If you do the above you loose compression, its a good thing to do if your gona turbo the car as you have 8.5C/R but if you not than stick to the 1200 head. get the following and you be one hell of a hapy bruce:-

do = skimm the head (1mm if pos)
get = 14NV camshaft
get = 14NV manifold & downpipe
get = weber 32/34 on a varajet manifold(very rare)
get = any freeflowing backbox

this should give it 80bhp easily

Snowface
04-04-04, 08:55 AM

why would anyone put a 1300 head on a 1200 bottom end?

If you do the above you loose compression, its a good thing to do if your gona turbo the car as you have 8.5C/R but if you not than stick to the 1200 head. get the following and you be one hell of a hapy bruce:-

do = skimm the head (1mm if pos)
get = 14NV camshaft
get = 14NV manifold & downpipe
get = weber 32/34 on a varajet manifold(very rare)
get = any freeflowing backbox

this should give it 80bhp easily

whats a varajet manifold? not heard of one and what are the benifits?

Is it a GM part?

80bhp is quite high, i'd say 70-75. If u get a kent cam then maybe 80.

nova_rally
04-04-04, 10:20 AM
Varajet was a GM own Brand Carburettor, was used on Astras.

Alan