PDA

View Full Version : what should i do?

Nova~Lolly
02-04-04, 07:28 PM
i had an interview on wednesday and i thought it went really well.spoke dead clearly gave it my best shot,was not shy or anything and he shook my hand 3 times showed me round the warehouse bit and met the ppl that worked there and sed he would let me know either way at the end of the week if i have the job or not.
bin sat by my fone all day nearly and he hasnt rung so was just wondering,if i rang him tomorrow would it make me seem desperate.or would it go in my favour?and would sunday be classed as end of week or friday?
interested to know what ppl think.i wanna know now its well annoying waiting!

NoVa_KhAn
02-04-04, 08:03 PM
defo ring em!

it dont make u look desperate it makes u look keen on working for them

Neil.
02-04-04, 08:05 PM
depends, if they work weekends then i would asume the end of the week is saturday(unless they work sundays)
The thing i always do is, ring them and say
'Hi, i had the interview the other day, I'm Lolly, I left a contact number but my phone has been playing up and was wondering if you had tried to call me as i dont think im receiving incoming calls, just wanted to make sure you've not tried to contact me.'

Something along those lines,
I've just phoned up my future job and confirmed my job for when i get back off holiday in two weeks :D

rachaelrebekah
03-04-04, 10:38 AM
ring em chelle cause they will be impressed you rang to see the out come of your interview and i wud say they class saturday as end of the week more than likely!!

Dpnova
03-04-04, 10:52 AM
Ring them but dont bug them, do something like what neil said

Jack
03-04-04, 12:26 PM
Yeah definately ring them. Perhaps on monday tho, coz then you can be sure the end of the week has passed.

Nova~Lolly
03-04-04, 02:18 PM
good point ppl thanks.they dont work saturdays but if i got the job it would include sundays so im guessing maybe they classing that as the end of the week.i dunno.
neil lmao my name is chelle.would sound really funny saying hello im lolly.tehheeeeeeeheeee

Neil.
03-04-04, 05:19 PM
lolly could be your NL stage name :wink:

Jules
03-04-04, 05:48 PM
I'd ring them on Monday and do something like Neil said - but be direct and too the point and don't drag on the 'story' about your phone not working.
And be polite whatever they say but be assertive if they say they'll ring you back - ask who you're speaking to just for any future reference.

Stuart
03-04-04, 06:14 PM
dont use the "faulty phone" excuse, its just pish

call monday, stating that you are following up on the interview.

bear in mind that the guy might have had stuff to do that dragged him away from calling you. these things do happen

Nova~Lolly
04-04-04, 01:42 PM
thanks for the advice ppl.but i dont need it coz i have got the job now.see my wuhoooooooooooooo post.