PDA

View Full Version : Ps2 and 2xTv setup

Smoki3
02-04-04, 02:57 PM
Hi peps, im gona put a ps2 and a 2 tv's (front and back) in my car .

First of all i know how to get the power to the ps2 but....

- How does the tv's get there power? (Straight from live feed from battery?)

- how does the tv connect to the back of the ps2?
- how do i get sound to run through my unit or speakers?

Cheers :lol:

djp_y2k
03-04-04, 03:01 PM
alrite dude.

I cant help you sorry. only advice i can give, is when you go and buy all this stuff ask for advice in the shop.

srs1
03-04-04, 07:47 PM
i am sure the ps2 runs off a 12v conversion pack. i remember reading somewhere you can do it yourself or buy the unit. pos side of buying it is you can unplug the ps2 and take it in the house and use. the other bit you have to solder the wires in. so is left in the car.

dont know about tv's.

1389cc sri
08-05-04, 10:09 PM
the 12v conversion pack costs ?60 but i cant find the information on where to get it from, ill keep looking

1389cc sri
09-05-04, 10:42 AM
just found the article. its in issue 68 of revs. the inverter costs ?70 and you can get it from burnley car audio (01282 433344). its worth tracking the issue down because it gives you a detailed guide.

frillip
15-05-04, 10:38 AM
some where like bass junkies do them for like 60 quid i think

Smoki3
15-05-04, 02:17 PM
What about tv's? i've seen some on ebay cheap but are they any good?

exodus_ste
27-05-04, 11:39 AM
The main output lead on the back of a ps2 has 3 connections that go into 1 scart plug, right? Disconnect the scart plug from these 3 connections. There will be a red, white and yellow. The red and white ones are for audio, red being the right signal and white being the left signal. The yellow one is for video which carries the actual picture of whats going on. So firstly you need to buy an adaptor that allows the red and white phono plugs to be converted to the BUS input for a CD changer on the back of your HU. Thats the audio sorted. The sound will come out of your speakers in the car. Next, when you have aquired a TV it will probably have sockets for red, white and yellow phono plugs. Just connect the yellow plug from your ps2 into the yellow socket on the TV so you get a picture on the tv but no audio, as the audio is going to your HU.
As for power, you want a switched 12v supply to your telly, like ignition. For the ps2 you need an inverter. idealy you want a pure sine wave inverter which are expensive but you arent going 2 need a high power one as the ps2 doesnt take much power. something like a 200W 12v-230/240v inverter would be ideal.

andyhayes77
21-04-05, 03:57 PM
Ive got in my car 2 Monitors and a 12v video + tv tuner im not a games person so ps2 dunt interest me but the set up was easy. Buy off ebay I got the lot for about ?150 (bargain) the process involves lots of cable, fuses, switches and jack plug or RCA splitters. Think about what your running and were your positioning it all draw diagrams. Ive got the lot wired upto the cig lighter socket saves battery and used switches between 2 monitors. Regarding headunits sound argos do a cd travel car kit if your head unit plays tapes get the kit and use that for sound gimmi time and ill draw u a plan and send some pics ov how ive done it. Im no auto electrician but i found it an easy process setting it all up just remember to fuse EVERYTHING so u dont nacker ur equipment.

epo
21-04-05, 06:20 PM
ebay sells power inverters dirth cheap
that will power the ps2
if you feed your tv(s) striaght from the battery remember to fuse the wire with the correct size fuse

and the best way to get sound from it all is to use an fm modulator which plugs into your fag lighter and picks the signal up on station 107.1 (well it does on mine)

flowlikewater
27-04-05, 08:46 PM
rca cables bring the picture form the ps2 to the screened!

also if your head unit has a pre-out seting then you can supply sound from the ps2 into the headunit and then to the speakers! always good!!!

the wiring of the screens can be confusing if you make it that way! you will want them on a switch (easy really)otherwise the battery will be dying slowly! but you will need to get the size of fuse right or its ?200 gone! also can be awkward with the wires as you may get interference from amp wires and the alike so be carefull.

otherwise its dead easy! on the ps2 it had the 3 coloured plug bits! yellow white and red 2 are for sound and one for picture! cant remember which and cant be bothered to go findout as its raining! sorry. good luck