PDA

View Full Version : i wanna join a nova owners club

ydg27
01-04-04, 01:52 PM
who is the best to go with - how much will i need to spend?
what do i get when i join?

Jim
01-04-04, 02:07 PM
What is it your after? I asked a similar question a while back, but Novaload gains you access to most of the shows throughout the year.

I suppose it's considerd a kind of club, but labelled as an "on-line community"

Jim

Dave
01-04-04, 02:18 PM
i've been a member of the performance nova group for about 3 years now
don't know why i still am tbh
been no meets or anything you're better off sticking with nl you get good meets, cheaper tickets to events (pv04 png ?9 -nl ?7) and still some good offers through it.
the money you would have spent on the membership with them donate to nl at least you'll get sommant out of it at the end of the day

BLueNOvaGSI
02-04-04, 10:33 AM
If you want to join a vauxhall club then have a look at the benefits with PVG (Performance Vauxhall Group).

(Please read below)

How to Join

To join the 'PERFORMANCE VAUXHALL GROUP' couldn't be easier.

Membership is only ?25.00
for the first 12 months and currently ?20.00 each year thereafter.

To join contact Angela (co-ordinator for Region 10 - Portsmouth, Guildford & Southampton area)
E mail: modify6@ntlworld.com
Mobile no: 07957 774953
Business mobile: AJS designs uk-07947 232876

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

What U get
Exclusive colour magazine 4 times a year
Credit card style membership card
Window sticker and tax disc holder
RAC MSA fully accredited club
Special discounted club insurance scheme (ADRIAN FLUX offer a discount for club members)
Discounts with all major Vauxhall tuning companies
Events throughout the year, all over the country
European trips
Technical advice and support
Discounted RAC breakdown cover
A great social life!

Most co-ordinators hold a meeting once a month to find out what members would like to happen for their region. You can find out more on www.pccuk.net (formely know as 'PERFORMANCE CAR CLUBS'), the clubs name has changed and under construction at the moment but the site is still available to browse around!

Breeny
02-04-04, 10:36 AM
You'll find a lot of members wont agree with you there Nova2.

Myself for one, I was a member for 2 years, was a complete and utter waste of money. Its just a money making organisation and there obviously not very good at it for the amount they charge for events and what not.

Didn't bother renewing my membership 2+ years ago and I very much doubt I'll ever be a member again.

If you want to join a proper club, then join Migweb or Performance Vauxhall Club or whatever its called these days.

Ian
02-04-04, 10:46 AM
novaload display at trax and pv show, so only reason i see for joining a club is to go to billing, and png no good for that as kicked out of the vboa

plus we dont make money on our show tickets unlike pvg (who also charge membership as well)

btw trax tickets on sale soon, ?10 per person (cost price no profit - wonder what png will charge)

the magazines nice if you want to see corsas, but then you could just buy total vaux

Dave
02-04-04, 11:10 AM
the mag is now a 'group' mag so astras corsas an novas share it where it once was dedicated to the nova
the membership insurance thing is a joke you can find insurance cheaper without the discount
you can shop around at smaller shops or mailorder companies and find better priced goods than the discounted stuff from the suppliers they recommend
same events nl go to but nl are cheaper
technical forum on this site

my membership isn't beenin renewed will send the cash to keep nl running

rant over :D

Jules
02-04-04, 11:47 AM
My PNG membership expired sometime last year (Was a member for about 5 years or so), Still a member of the VSCC as it seems to be a much more professionally run club - plus they have a VBOA stand - something the PNG can no longer offer - I wonder how many people joined the VSCC from the PNG just for that fact?
The PNG / PCG / PVG really dropped a bollock by getting themselves kicked out of the VBOA.

Jack
02-04-04, 11:57 AM
The PNG / PCG / PVG really dropped a b******s by getting themselves kicked out of the VBOA.

why did they get kicked out?

Ste_Nova
02-04-04, 12:07 PM
The PNG / PCG / PVG really dropped a b******s by getting themselves kicked out of the VBOA.

why did they get kicked out?

peeps ragging cars round billing etc etc :roll:

NovaNeil
02-04-04, 12:07 PM
Im a memeber of the PVG, and have no complaints.... yes its not as good as it was. But its still a Vauxhall car club, and its worth it just for the mag, insurance discount and track time at Trax. :P

Neil

-Bruce-
02-04-04, 12:14 PM
im also a member i think its not that bad!! the mag is ok i would say it is worth the ?20 but its not as good as good as i thought it would be!!

Tilly
02-04-04, 12:16 PM
My membership has ran out with PNG so ive decided to now change over to the vauxhall sports car club.
lot more envovlment

Ian
02-04-04, 04:11 PM
Im a memeber of the PVG, and have no complaints.... yes its not as good as it was. But its still a Vauxhall car club, and its worth it just for the mag, insurance discount and track time at Trax. :P

Neil

buy total vaux :p

i wouldnt insure with adrian flux if i was you

i can sell you some track time through novaload, although unfortunately it wont be a dedicated nova session unless enough sessions are taken costs are ?800 for a dedicated session split between how ever many people are willing to pay, of you can buy individual sessions at ?25, or just go buy png time on the day from png like a few did last year cos they couldnt sell them all lol

novashed
02-04-04, 06:54 PM
ive been a member of PVG for two years now, only been to one show, quite good, some quality cars which is just what i want (Novaneil one of them!), no complaints as i have nothing to compare it to apart from the VBOA, it is a shame PVG are not allowed, maybe they are changing their mind as most them mebers are probably no longer inlvolved with the club

BLueNOvaGSI
02-04-04, 08:59 PM
:(