PDA

View Full Version : Tyre weld

Jester
31-03-04, 02:02 PM
Guys, bit of an odd one but I thought I would check with you guys.

I got 17 inch wheels with 40 profile tyres. I am looking at ditching my spare wheel. I have seen a magic can that claims if you tyre goes flat that you just fill it with this gunk and you are then able to drive home or to your local garage. Has anyone had any experience with this stuff?

Alex
31-03-04, 02:06 PM
I have ditched my spare wheel and replaced it with tyre-weld. Never used it, but I have heard that it is quite good and does work. Same rules as a space saver tire - dont go fast if youve put it into a flat and dont go too far.

Jack
31-03-04, 02:37 PM
I've used it before, its good stuff.

Jules
31-03-04, 04:17 PM
Had a can in my old VW Beetle, got a flat tyre one day, used the can - it stayed inflated for ages - Infact I'm not sure that I ever got round to changing / repairing the tyre before I sold it!! :lol:

Good stuff - well worth the ?5 a tin (Or whatever it costs now) just to save the aggro of changing the wheel if nothing else.

epo
31-03-04, 09:02 PM
i got a tin 4 myself as i dont have a spare wheel i also got r lass some as she dont know how to change a wheel :roll: :lol:

(whats worse she cant even change a light bulb on the house lol let alone the car bless her)

XZiBiT
01-04-04, 06:52 AM
hmmmmm sounds like a good idea weight saver at least!!