PDA

View Full Version : seized motor?

snypa
31-03-04, 10:40 AM
OK my central locking STILL doesnt work and since i have delocked doors i cant lock my GTE! if i can not physically push the drivers side locking pin down to lock the door does this mean the motor/actuator has seized? help appreciated im desperate! nice 1

Jack
31-03-04, 10:53 AM
disconnect the actuator from the lock itself and then try pushing the pin down. Also try pushing the rod form the actuator up and down as well. If the actuator works but not the door pin, i'd guess the lock mechanism itself has seized up. If it all works fine when the actuator is off, but the actuator doesn't move, then that's your culprit.

snypa
31-03-04, 11:15 AM
ok cheers mate ill try that later on fingers crossed! ive also got a blue wire running from the boot mechanism, to the dash but it is not connected at the dash end, any ideas what this could be? when i try and pop the boot with the rear wiper switch i hear a click but it doesnt pop open, is this wire the reason y? cheers for the help mate cuz i jus bought the motor i dont know how its all connected up yet!

Jack
31-03-04, 11:22 AM
I don't really know, i've not dealt with a boot realease before. Altho you say the solenoid clicks, so i'd guess power is getting to it, and its doing something, just not opening the boot... if i get a few spare mins i'll have a look around on the net and see if i can find any info on it

snypa
31-03-04, 11:51 AM
ok cheers mate