PDA

View Full Version : desperate!

snypa
31-03-04, 08:08 AM
im having sum problems wiv the remote locking on my new GTE, first off i cant lock the doors with the remote, as the drivers side locking pin is stuck in the unlock position and cant even be physically pusehd down to lock the door, however passenger side works fine (manually). secondly the boot has a solenoid to pop it, however when i flick the rear wiper switch i can heear a click fro the boot as if it is trying to unlock, but the boot is not popping. also i noticed a light blue wire has been disconnected from somehwere in the dash ( bare wire at the end) this seems to run to the boot so would this stop the boot from popping? help despersately needed as i cant lock my car !! cheers lads

GaryGlasgow
01-04-04, 12:33 AM
Sounds like the motor on the drivers side has seized, the reason the passenger side does not close on its own is because it is controlled by the soleniod on the drivers door, also you may find that it has now blown a fuse or damaged a relay, as for the boot im not sure get someone to activate it while you are in the back and see what happens it may just need adjusting of some sort, not sure what that blue wire would be, Good Luck.

combattuk
01-04-04, 01:21 AM
i had the same problem in my boot i found out the wires were the wrong way round instead of the solanoid pulling on the boot lever it was pushin so i switched the wires round and hay presto it opend the only thing now is i was drivin down the road and accidently hit the rear winder wiper switch and the fuckin boot opend i thought i was gona take off so try and connect it 2 switch and mount it sumwere else