PDA

View Full Version : twin turbo

Anonymous
06-06-01, 11:05 PM
me old mans just bought a nissan 300zx twin turbo, and ive decided im just gonna have to embarass him and get more power out me motor.
im getting it back friday, with 140 bhp, and im quietly confident i can get 250 out of it,but to beat his 280 im gonna have to get the loan out.
by the way its not a vauxhall lump.

Anonymous
07-06-01, 12:02 AM
do u think u can beat it? they are fast as f**k, i had a go ov 1 and it had a stage1 chip and a few other mods and it was get'n to 60 in 4.8secs, good luck tho

brian.bb@ntlworld.com

Anonymous
07-06-01, 07:57 AM
Sorry but I think you are flogging a dead horse (no offence) :( they are just too fast. My cousin has a 2.2 Zetec fiesta turbo running over 300bhp and he could only just keep up with one.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
07-06-01, 08:54 AM
You won't need more power than him, cos his is a turbo so by the time the boost is up you are gone. how do you think 2.0 novas beat cossies and other turbos etc with more power?

[-celebrate.jpg-]

Liverpool - Champions of Europe, Unique Cup treble.

Anonymous
08-06-01, 11:14 AM
Your best weapon in a nova is light weight, if you can reduce it further all the beter, as it will improve acceleration braking and cornering.

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
09-06-01, 01:24 PM
well the lump ive got in there at the moment beats most 2.0l 16v novas.
For any of u who went to the rolling road, do u remember martin hill, had a white 16v and got just under 200 bhp, well he went out in the car with my lump init, and he admitted himself that he wouldnt race it, incase he got embarrased.at the mo its a 1.7, but im gonna turbo it, and thatll be giving about 200 bhp, all i need then are some other pistons, and the boost can be upto to give the 250. and as the engines lighter than a 1.6 gte engine, and ive got a LSD, and my cars already stripped out, i reckon ive got a good chance.still might get a problem gettin all that power down though!!anyway it be fun trying, and ill have a completely different nova to the usual ones.