PDA

View Full Version : fuel meter

Ash
30-03-04, 02:53 PM
i ran out of fuel yesterday and just before and after the fuel meter read about a tank and a half and still does, its a sr/gsi dash in a mk2 1.2 flair ne ideas i think it could be the sender in the fuel tank but not sure.

cheers

smASHer

m.d.
30-03-04, 02:56 PM
more than likely the sender mate. its realatively easy to change and i dont think they are much to get hold of

Snowface
30-03-04, 06:34 PM
if its reading a tank and a half there must be somethinkg wron lol.

Have u got 2 petrol tanks?

i can only fit 1 tank of petrol in my petrol tank lol. If u manage 1 and a half u are doing well.

Adam
30-03-04, 06:36 PM
if its reading a tank and a half there must be somethinkg wron lol.

Have u got 2 petrol tanks?

i can only fit 1 tank of petrol in my petrol tank lol. If u manage 1 and a half u are doing well.

There must be a slight typing error there,LOL,LOL.
Do you mean half a tank????????????? :?: :?:
:D :D

Snowface
30-03-04, 06:41 PM
i ran out of fuel yesterday and just before and after the fuel meter read about a tank and a half and still does, its a sr/gsi dash in a mk2 1.2 flair ne ideas i think it could be the sender in the fuel tank but not sure.

cheers

smASHer

he wrote it.

-Bruce-
30-03-04, 08:58 PM
lol he did say a tank and a half!! :lol:

i have just been fixin my senser unit!! check the resistance across the sender! if it reads 40 ohms then ur tank is full, if it reads 300 ohms then it is dead empty!! if there is no resistance over the sender then it is broken!!

but if ur fuel gauge on the dash is the thing that is not working then get a new dash!!

hope this helps

Barn
30-03-04, 09:40 PM
got the same problem...I blame it on Sender Unit...f ucking thing.
Been putting in 5er's every other day...mind you my car is seriously over fuelling too which doesn't help :o !

Ash
02-04-04, 11:36 PM
rite it not works fine till i get down to the red and it shots back up to past the full line a half again, i recon it could be a dodge wire.

where is this sender u speak of neway, how do i get to it?

-Bruce-
03-04-04, 12:32 AM
the sender is on the tank under the car!! if you look under the car, the sender is nxt to the rear beam has two wires coming out of it. on the drivers side!! hope this helps mate

(it is mounted at a angle so may not see it where you look at it)

Cheeze
03-04-04, 12:39 PM
i had to get a new tank plus sender, the sender cost the same as the bloddy tank, think it was about ?70 new like

Ash
04-04-04, 03:59 PM
r u joking!! 70 quid! i rather run to the petorl station every day