PDA

View Full Version : o.e. vauxhall h/unit...SAFE mode...

acf8181
30-03-04, 10:15 AM
anyone know how i can unblock the h/unit on my mothers cav, she's got it onto safe mode.

i'm not going down to vauxhall and paying money to get it fixed, its not worth it, but is there anyway i can get it off safe?

srs1
30-03-04, 03:59 PM
there should be a code in the manual, most people tend to leave it in there (with the history of the car). failing that, pull the radio out, sometimes people write the code on the radio itself. and then failing that, go to a car radio dealers or look in the local paper for stero delocking. only costs around a tenner.

LANKYPASS
03-04-04, 06:14 PM
rip it out and get a cheap cd player :p lol

te17@novasgonemad
04-04-04, 07:58 PM
stick it in the freezer ova night the leave it in the house for a day to get rid of moisture and finally put it back in the car i never nicked the but my m8 used to and thats wot he did and the worked fine endless amounts of times i dunno if that helps..
but dont stick it bac in the car fresh from the freezer coz of moisture

cooper_nova
04-04-04, 08:27 PM
stick it in the freezer ova night the leave it in the house for a day to get rid of moisture and finally put it back in the car i never nicked the but my m8 used to and thats wot he did and the worked fine endless amounts of times i dunno if that helps..

:o :o
thats a dodgy way of getting round it!!!!

epo
04-04-04, 08:53 PM
tried that a few times on ford radios when i used to have me dads old radios to put in me festers

it never worked

just go to u local scrappy and buy a new one itll probably cost fuck all