PDA

View Full Version : sri fueling

Euan
29-03-04, 03:35 PM
well thats me got my sri engine in (not had a lot of time recently!)

just wondering if i can use my original fuel lines as i will be running my carb tank at least for the next few months anyway.

on the sri manifold there are two fuel inlets. i take it one is in and one is return ? does anyone know which is which ??

just to note that i have dumped the carbon canister

cheers

Aragorn
29-03-04, 10:14 PM
i would suggest getting some injection lines for at the very least the feed

i got a nylon line off an astra in the scrappy and used the old carb feed line as the return to the tank

as a side note - have u still got that gearbox mate? im still defo after it just need to get some money together and ill get the window motors off u at the same time :)

the return comes off the bottom of the regulator valve - the feed goes directly into the fuel rail :)

Euan
29-03-04, 10:44 PM
sorry mate it got took away last week. thought you had lost interest sorry :(

i took two metal fuel lines off the sri car. they led right up to the inlet manifold (bottom of it)where two rubber hoses were attached and connected the fuel lines to the manifold 2 inlets. i assume this is the fuel in and return or am i wrong.

Aragorn
29-03-04, 11:01 PM
shit :(

have u got the window motors?!!!??

as for the fuel lines

if u look at the rail itself - one of the pipes goes streight to the rail the other attaches to the underside of the regulator

the one going streight to the rail is the feed

Euan
29-03-04, 11:07 PM
you dont happin to know what the to bits in the bottom of the manifold are do ya?

is any of this in the haynes?

gonna hav to take a look at this as i cant really picture it :oops:

sorry motors are gone aswel. my mate may have some i'll find out and get back to you as soon as possible.