PDA

View Full Version : Fitting 45's advice please...

Ben
28-03-04, 12:11 PM
Right i got a lovely box of stuff delivered the other day inside was...

A pair of Webber 45's
Cav 1.6 Dizzy and coil etc.

Anyone got any advice on things we should do before bolting them on, to be honest they look VERY clean and tidy and i cant see they need a service.

They came off a C20 XE so should be jetted correctly.

Just any tips would be appreciated.

Ben

big_steve_x
28-03-04, 07:33 PM
even though they came off a c20xe i'm sure they'll need re-jetting to your car. have u got a fuel pump, regulator, and twin throttle linkage by the way? u didn't mension u had em!

Aragorn
28-03-04, 08:16 PM
or at the very least get a power run to check the fuelling out

Ben
28-03-04, 11:39 PM
Yes will put the car on a RR when fitted just thinking more off things to do before there fitted to the engine or to the engine before we fit the carbs.

Steve- Have got everything required.

Jim
29-03-04, 02:11 AM
I know one trick is to soak them in petrol. I think this is mainly to clean them though, which you might not need to do. I suppose just check that all parts are moving freely, that the carbs open fully, etc.

Jim

m.d.
30-03-04, 10:36 AM
i take it you either got the manifold or have it already for your engine.
you will also need spring washers to go under the bolts that hold the carbs on. (to dampen vibrations and stop the carbs foaming.) you will also need the plastic o ring holders that are used to seal the carbs (special gaskets really) plenty of fuel pipe and either a cut down throttle cable from a gte or your XE one with the end cut off so you can connect it to the linkage. or the correct twin cable for the linkage.