PDA

View Full Version : Welding

BurburyConrod
27-03-04, 04:10 PM
I have to weld about 65 percent of my new car to get it through the MOT do you think its worthwhile or should I just sell it and get a Nova?

C-S_Cormac
27-03-04, 04:24 PM
It all depends were u need to weld m8, if its small patchs here or there then u may as well do em but if ur chassie legs are fecked or inner archs it would be as handy to find another 1!!

This is if ur nova if just a base model, if its a gsi then it mite b with the hasle!!

Cormac

BurburyConrod
27-03-04, 04:30 PM
I have a Renault 5 GT Turbo. Welding needed on the rear arches and a lot of small patchwork too.

te17@novasgonemad
27-03-04, 05:08 PM
nah get rid of it and join the club novas all the way strip it tho and sell the bits on ebay give u some cash to play with

MechaT
28-03-04, 12:36 PM
Burbury. There's a cool site called renault5gtturbo.com Its very similar to this one and probably more use to you. As for your 5. What's the engine like? If the engine's knackered then its probably not worthwhile.

Barn
28-03-04, 12:44 PM
When I had welding done on my Nova it worked out much cheaper if I had the work done as apposed to getting rid and getting a new car.
mind you I paid more or less mates rates and had it cheap as...which obviously help my decision

novaexplod
28-03-04, 07:32 PM
my car had to have 2 new sills, patchwork at front under bumper, two new front inner arches, new rear panel ,2 new rear outer arches, bulkhead neeeded patching n that cost me 400 quid with mot and other parts needed. (tyre etc)

Barn
28-03-04, 08:02 PM
mate where did you get your front inners?
did the dash have to come out for the bulkhead?

novaexplod
29-03-04, 12:34 AM
they dont make em, the inners were just a piece of curved metal 3 inch by bout 10 inch if u get wot i mean, n yeh the dash was takin out, it had to be to get at it.the rest of the parts, rear panel,arches,sills etc was off sel-imperial.co.uk