PDA

View Full Version : Please Read >>>

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:56 AM
Right...this morning I got my licence back from the magistrates court (in an envelope i recieved my paper counterpart and my card thingie with me details/photo on and a 'with compliments' slip...that's all)

on my licence (written in biro) is the date of when the offense was committed (driving without insurance) some other stuff, 6 points and a ?75 fine...

the thing is, i thought because i have recieved 6 points within my first 2 years of driving i would have to re-sit my driving test? :-/ i'm confused...why have they sent me my licence back and everything if i've got to re-sit my test? could my circumstances be different cos i was driving a ped and not a car? so i don't have to re-take my driving test?

[ged_bong]
Web Design 4 half the price.
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
31-05-01, 10:23 AM
your licence is now a provisional :D

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
31-05-01, 10:59 AM
Ste, does that mean i can ring and book my test now?

also, can i still drive the pug speedfight ped? cos i still have my CBT certificate and my licence is now a provisional (and u can drive a ped on a provisional with CBT) so i should be ok yeah?

[ged_bong]
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
31-05-01, 11:16 AM
Normally the dvla send you a letter saying your licence is now revoked, and you must reapply, i'd ring and check otherwise you may find yourself getting done for driving without a licence too lol.

[-celebrate.jpg-]

Liverpool - Champions of Europe, Unique Cup treble.

Anonymous
31-05-01, 11:20 AM
nope with the 6 point rule you just on back on L plates and reapply for your test :D you have to pass the written one first!!

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
31-05-01, 11:29 AM
if my theory test pass certificate is still valid (i think i passed it about 8 or 9 months ago) then i might not have to re-take my theory might i? cos a girl i know has the '6 point rule' thingie happen to her and she just quickly re-took her test and got driving again.

[ged_bong]
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
31-05-01, 11:44 AM
my brother has 7 points, but he got them before he passed his test so the 2 year thing doesnt apply. He drove his g/f home from the pub cos she was pissed, he had no 'L' plates on, and no insurance. The cops pulled him over for having a headlight out, and asked him to produce his licence within 7 days, of course he took his provisional in and they realised, doh!

Anonymous
31-05-01, 02:19 PM
The Road Traffic ( New Drivers) Act 1995

This Act will affect you if you pass your first driving test on or after 1 June 1997. If you incur penalty points in the two year period immediately following your first successful driving test, and your penalty points add up to 6 or more ( including any that were incurred within 3 years of the latest conviction) your licence will be revoked by DVLA. You will then have to obtain a provisional licence, drive as a learner and pass the theory and practical test again in order to regain your full driving licence.

Passing the retest will not remove the penalty points from your licence, and if the total reaches 12, you are liable to be disqualified by a court.

there u go! LOL, looks like the dvla made a cock up!

Anonymous
31-05-01, 02:47 PM
Phone and check. It sounds like they have made a cock up and haven't actually revoked your full licence, or they would have informed you (in writing) of that fact. They don't just assume that everyone is aware of the 6 point thing. I doubt they would have sent you your licence back if it was no longer valid, unless it was clearly tated on the licence itself.

:)

Anonymous
31-05-01, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I'd check if I were you. Your in enuff shite allready, you don't wanna go driving on that licensce and get pulled, only to find out that its not valid. Then you would really be fucked !!!!

Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !

Anonymous
31-05-01, 03:44 PM
HERE'S THE REAL DEAL (just rang up DVLA)

in around 1 month the DVLA will inform me that my licence has been revoked. From this point i will then need to re-apply for a provisional (?27)...then re-take my theory test (?15 i think)...then re-take my driving test (about ?45)...the send of my pass certificate + ?12 to the DVLA for my full licence...

i'll then have a nice new licence...with 6 points on it :( X-( my own fault i know...but that is one major fisting...

[ged_bong]
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
31-05-01, 08:17 PM
..... and f*ck all chance of gettin` insured for less than 1.5k on a 1.0l!

Anonymous
31-05-01, 08:17 PM

Anonymous
31-05-01, 08:18 PM

Anonymous
31-05-01, 11:00 PM

just thaught i'd help make the point too :D

Anonymous
01-06-01, 10:01 AM
wrong mate, CIS have quoted me ?993 on a 1.2 TPFT...which isn't too bad considering...

my insurance will be 25% more than normal from now on (it's called loading the policy or summit)

[ged_bong]
Email ged@roybacer.co.uk
Visit www.roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
01-06-01, 12:46 PM
i used 2 pay more that that (?1020) with out any points on my licience!

RobDmr@aol.com
Bring it on 2.0 16v

Anonymous
01-06-01, 07:34 PM
F*cking computer`s made me sound a right twat!