PDA

View Full Version : Finally...

krobinson
27-03-04, 09:01 AM
Today i'm taking my ickle 1300 lump to Steven Gault Engineering, for a full recon/rebuild. Everything is either getting reconditioned or replaced for new items, so once complete it should run like new.

Some of the head work should let it breath better, and along with my new Webber 32/34 (ebay rocks) and 4 branch/full system. I should see myself into the 80bhp region. Which i'm happy enough with. The engine will also look mint in the bay, so i mite even be able to open the bonnet at any show's!

Keith :D

-Bruce-
27-03-04, 11:25 AM
good stuff mate!! u wil have to get it on the rollers so u can tell us the power of it. after everything being reconditioned or replaced!!

:D

karl Rowntree
27-03-04, 12:25 PM
Nice one Kieth, cant wait to see your engine bay all finished should look very euro :wink:

Your engine would go well with a set of twin 40's on, though i doubt it would be very inkepping with the rest of the car? Look forward to the day you can afford to put the larger engine in yours. Until them mate enjoy it :wink:

krobinson
27-03-04, 12:44 PM
Kieth

lol... throw the I before E except after C rule out the window :P

Looking forward to getting a drive in it when its all finished. The big powered engine will come, hopefully within the next 2 years. Once i hit 21 in May i'll be able to insure a valver! For now i'll be happy with enough power to beat the Saxo boy's, and a nice tidy bay!

Keith

karl Rowntree
27-03-04, 01:59 PM
:lol: Got to stop posting on this site after ive been drinking!

krobinson
27-03-04, 03:30 PM
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/keith4.jpg

Something to fill the gap soon!

Keith

HEVY-nova
27-03-04, 03:33 PM
nice one. how much is the full re-con going to cost if you dont mind me asking.

love the car btw mate, looks mint as fook

martweaver
27-03-04, 08:07 PM
looking damn good mate!!! - I agree with Karl, a set of 40's would look mint!! but if it's only in there until a valver arrives I would keep it simple and save the cash. Trust me it costs a bloody FORTUNE to do right, even when you do it yourself.

What do you reckon Karl - Shall we all jump on the ferry and give Keith a hand when he gets an XE!!! I can taste the Guiness already!!

krobinson
27-03-04, 08:13 PM
nice one. how much is the full re-con going to cost if you dont mind me asking.

love the car btw mate, looks mint as fook

Its costing between ?800 to ?900! Thats all new pistons, honed, lightened & balanced, head recon'd, ported polished, new valves, tappets, oil pump water pump etc etc, loads more but i'd need a few more pages to list everything. He's also trying to source me a good cam for the right money, which he recon's with the 32/34, could see closer to 100bhp than i first thought!

Happy days :D

What do you reckon Karl - Shall we all jump on the ferry and give Keith a hand when he gets an XE!!! I can taste the Guiness already!!

haha, i'll hold you lot to that! Karl mentioned before how he'd love to come over! To me its just boring old home, but i can see how somewhere new a different can be good to visit. I really enjoy my trips to england, i find theres more to see and do..

Keith

martweaver
27-03-04, 08:16 PM
Seriously, I'd be up for it and i know Karl & Andy would be too. If my car will go up the ferry ramp that is...........SCRAPE!!!! :roll:

Ste_Nova
27-03-04, 08:19 PM
http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/keith4.jpg

Something to fill the gap soon!

Keith

better start hacking that 1.2i stuff out of the loom!

C-S_Cormac
27-03-04, 09:37 PM
I thought that engine u bought off alex already had sum head work done keith???!! She'll deff have plenty of power for u wen finished and as u say be like a new engine!!!!

How longs it gonna take him to complete?

Cormac

Breeny
27-03-04, 10:02 PM

haha i quite fancy that myself! Novaload trip to Ireland anyone 8)

Keith, do you live anywhere near Wexford or Limerick? (I think thats where it is anyway, just had a look on the map lol) I have some friends there :D

C-S_Cormac
27-03-04, 10:29 PM
Keith lives up the road from me near a place called Strabane in the North West of N'Ireland. A place were he was telling me last nite the hookers are free IoI :lol:

Cormac

Jim
28-03-04, 11:56 AM
The big powered engine will come, hopefully within the next 2 years. Once i hit 21 in May i'll be able to insure a valver! For now i'll be happy with enough power to beat the Saxo boy's, and a nice tidy bay!

So glad to see someone with a sensible head on! :)

Good luck with it all, I know how you feel about just wanting to drive your car, mines been off the road since August last year.

Jim

krobinson
28-03-04, 03:27 PM
Seriously, I'd be up for it and i know Karl & Andy would be too. If my car will go up the ferry ramp that is...........SCRAPE!!!! :roll:

Mine got on the boat, the only thing that caught was the splitter. That was the seacat, as i feel it has the least harsh ramps! However my mates cavalier (-110mm) caught at the sills and took 5 men to lift the rear to help it on/off, and it busted the fuel lines!!!! Not good when you have a 6 hour drive ahead of you to northamton!

Seriously tho, if you's ever want to come over, i'll have a nosey around for a good b&b, get you's booked in, and i'll get a cruise organised at the local. Could then take a run down to the bottom of ireland (near dublin) for the good guiness!

Keith

beatin u
28-03-04, 04:46 PM
have you got any more pics of the smooth inner wings?? 8)

krobinson
28-03-04, 07:20 PM
2 min's, i'll pop out to the garage and take some....

----------------------------

Here we go...

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/smooth1.jpg

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/smooth2.jpg

Keith

Zak16v
28-03-04, 07:43 PM
Thats looking sweet mate, my valver isnt anywhere near that stage yet, still working on this f*okin strengthening kit then ill seal everything in and start doing some finishing mods before i paint it all up nice.

How much where the little bolts and washers for the wings? They from vaux?

Keep it up mate! z

krobinson
28-03-04, 07:47 PM
How much where the little bolts and washers for the wings? They from vaux?

You can only get them in packs of 30 or something daft like that. But i think it was only a few quid! I used what i needed and gave the rest to Alex for his valver!

Keith

scott.parker
28-03-04, 07:58 PM
i think i might have to see about my iner wings and bey looking like that..oh and Keith,i might be putting the gsi bumpers back on.. :wink:
keep your eye's open..

scott