PDA

View Full Version : avo coilovers on a valver?

TUBZGSXR
27-03-04, 08:50 AM
im lookin to buy sum Avo's but dont realey knwo that much about them, are they worth the money (bout ?600 i think) as i want my nova to feel more precise , an less scary on the B Roads, cause at the moment the handlin is realy unresposive an the car isnt exactly wot id call chuckable! used to have an SRI an that was great on the twists an turns, an ive been toild that coilovers ar ehte way to go for good handlin on a 2litre, ive got 15incm an its lowered 60mil, if i do get these Avos should i raise the ride height a bit , like to 50 or 40 mil??
thanx

TUBZGSXR
27-03-04, 02:00 PM
anyone???!! :(

dathers
27-03-04, 02:47 PM
My nova valver handles fine,
I run bilstein shox on the back with 30 mm lower springs,
Gmax shox on the front with courtenay turbo 2ltr nova springs which are specially rated for use in a nova with an XE in it.
They are never gonna be as chuckable as an sri/gsi etc as you have about an extra 50Kg or so over the front wheels,you just have to learn to drive it differently.
Ive also experimented with different size wheels and tyres and the best combination i have found is 15" rims with 49mm offset running on 185/55/15 tyres,although they are quite thin they are the size that gives the best handling and oddly the most grip,in my experience anyway,another plus point is they dont rub the arches at all.
Dave