PDA

View Full Version : Winter rebuild nearly complete!

karl Rowntree
26-03-04, 07:49 PM
Well i think the winters hard work is nearly complete having had a busy week on the car. Started to put it back togeather last weekend with the help of andy b (thanks matey :wink: ).

Got the engine in on sunday and been taking my time building it all back up over the week. Bits left to do include fit the alternator after i have traced whats its off! fit wiring loom, mount fuel pump and pipe up, get rocker cover painted and fit body panels.

The winter shopping list was:

New v6 brake set up with pagid blue pads and drilled disks
Rear disks, though wont be on the car until the summer
Bit more engine bay strengthening, smoothing and a re-paint
poly bushes throughout
Another helix paddle clutch
Braided brake lines
Various chromed bits
Powder coated tie bars, brackets, engine mounts, lower arms
tas engine mounts
ARP rod bolts
ported head
new cams/pulleys
Steering rack
pipercross air filters

plus lots of other little bits. Going to try and get the exhaust made at jp aswell before the europe trip and book it up for a day at the rollers. Hoping for about 190 bhp this year, anymore is a bonus.

Should be running on sunday i hope, depends how much i have to drink tomorrow!

Will post pics when i have some. Karl

Stanton
26-03-04, 08:34 PM
interested in how u can make a perfect car perfecter,

get sum pics up!

karl Rowntree
26-03-04, 08:49 PM
Thanks mate, tryed to spend my money and time on bits that are going to make the car 'work' better this year. I am more into track days and enjoying the car now rather than just looking at it in the garage :lol:

Wont be changing the look of the car, just making it quicker, stop better and more reliable :wink:

peester
26-03-04, 10:35 PM
nice one karl; hows andy b's getting on an' all?

Riggy
26-03-04, 10:51 PM
interested in how u can make a perfect car perfecter,

get sum pics up!

just wanted to 2nd this really how do you :D

dan16v
26-03-04, 11:04 PM
good work Karl your car is wicked! cant wait to se it this year!

karl Rowntree
27-03-04, 12:33 AM
peester, andys car has had to take abit of a brake due to a few problems hes had over the past months. But you can expect to see him out over the summer in either a standard looking nova turbo or if not i will be letting him run mine down the strip a few times :wink:

Cant wait to get the car out on the road now, bring on the summer!

-Bruce-
27-03-04, 12:40 AM
yeh sounds really good carl!

bring on the summer :lol:

mikeoxford
27-03-04, 01:09 AM
:o jeezuz

can you like just put your car on hold or something :lol:

its bad enough trying to get a car to look half decent let alone on your scale of things :lol:

looking forward to seeing it this year.

didnt get a very close look at the shows last yr :evil: . only when we was playing cat and mouse on the motorway :lol:

best of all im glad to see your going to enjoy it - over abroard and on the nuburg ring and Uk tracks also. no point spending money not to enjoy it.

look forward to coming one of your bassetts pole meets too.

mike

Nath
27-03-04, 08:29 AM
do u go up to bassets pole m8? i know where it is its not far from me really.

krobinson
27-03-04, 09:05 AM
Sounds good Karl, good to know i'll get to see the car at Trax again, hopefully some other show's if i can make it!

Have you tryed the brakes yet? I'm still dieing to try my new setup!

Keith

Tilly
27-03-04, 09:27 AM
do u go up to bassets pole m8? i know where it is its not far from me really.

i was there twice last week for the cannonball run and madsmids cruise

karl Rowntree
27-03-04, 12:04 PM
Thanks mike :wink: How about getting yours on the track this year??

I hold the png regional meets at bassetts pole on the second sunday of the month, though i havnt had one for a while due to the weather and not having the car on the road. Will let you know when i start them up again.

Cannonball run tilly?? Sods law isnt it, my dad used to own the bassetts pole and when i lived there nothing ever happened, now its cruise night on sundays and bikers night on tuesdays!!! :cry: