PDA

View Full Version : Lifting 1400 SR engine out?

Ojc
26-03-04, 07:05 PM
Me and my mate have spent most of the day trying to lift my engine out.

Now its starting to seriously piss me off so need some advice.

I can't drop the engine out as I can't get the anti-roll bars off

Anyway, everytime we go to lift it with the engine lift the gearbox gets caught.

Is there a easy way you can recommend to lift the engine out? I'm gonna try to remove the gearbox but I fear this will also end in tears (Don't care about the engine if its breaks because its shit)

C-S_Cormac
26-03-04, 07:40 PM
The back engine mount will catch underneath so remove it(2 bolts i think) this will allow you room to hoist the engine out!!

Have Fun

Cormac

Slatter
26-03-04, 07:42 PM
Take the bottom arms off ... and then the tie rods ... this means the anti role bare will come out with them

Easiest way ive found to do it... and done it litterally hundreds of times

Ojc
26-03-04, 09:32 PM
But won't it still be attached at the front? Can't see how un doing it at the lower arms will enable me to remove the whole anti roll bar?

dathers
26-03-04, 09:43 PM
The easiest way by far is to drop it out of the bottom!
Why cant you get the antroll bar off,its only 8 nuts.
Take the antiroll bar and tiebars off to make the job real simple.
Dave

C-S_Cormac
26-03-04, 11:36 PM
The back engine mount will catch underneath so remove it(2 bolts i think) this will allow you room to hoist the engine out!!

Cormac

Never mind the anti-roll bars or taking the engine out underneeth, do as i said above and ull have no trouble!!!

Cormac

mikeyredtop
27-03-04, 09:03 AM
drop it out the bottom and drag it away ive done about 4 or 5 u need to get the car on 4 wheels tho... 2 either side

mark_GSi
27-03-04, 09:21 AM
i just use a crane and tilt it to 1 side and lift it out, job dun

Slatter
27-03-04, 09:46 AM
At end of day it all depends on what tools you have ....

Engine hoist, 2 post ramp, etc etc

I do work in a garage so its kinda easy for me ... i have all the tools i need

Snowface
27-03-04, 11:10 AM
my dads got a set of car ramps so it was fairly easy to take engine out, although we didn't use it come to think of it. just used an engine crane to lift it out.

robb
29-03-04, 02:13 PM
lift it!!!!!

use the two eyelets to hoist it and with a wiggle it will come out of the top, gearbox and all.

As C_S_Cormac said take the mount off that goes to the bottom of the bulkhead and the motor WILL squeeze by!

Watch the brake lines on the master though!

Good luck

Philsutton
29-03-04, 02:21 PM
easiest way is drop it out the bottom, if you some means of lifting the car far enough up. Ive taken a few out this way now and as long as you take off tie bars the anit roll bar will come with it.