PDA

View Full Version : 1992 K reg 1400cc SR tunning

Mike
26-03-04, 04:15 PM
hello there, i want 2 tune my motor in2 a road ripping misile but as cheap as possible. i.e using other vaux parts but not changing the engine!

let me no wot u no and ill try it. thanx :)

mikeoxford
26-03-04, 04:29 PM
sure its not an sri ?

on a k plate it would have been a very late sr see.

is it injection?

or carb

Adam
26-03-04, 08:06 PM
If it is a K reg SR then it is one of the latest ever, SRi's started at J reg, at J reg all the carb models were replaced by injection models.
Is it deffo a K reg SR carb.

Adam
26-03-04, 08:07 PM
If it is a K reg SR then it is one of the latest ever, SRi's started at J reg, at J reg all the carb models were replaced by injection models.
Is it deffo a K reg SR carb. Or has it been swapped from a SRI to a SR, injection to a carb, for some reason???
S**t sorry about the double post, clicked Refresh,LOL.

dathers
26-03-04, 09:58 PM
The CHEAPEST way to get a faster car is put a bigger engine in.
You shouldnt just write a bigger engine of due to insurance costs,get a quote first as you may be surprised.
It cost me an extra ?100 with liverpool victoria to go from a 1.6i GTE to a 2ltr 16v XE.
And believe me an XE in a nova flies!
Dave

Mike
29-03-04, 12:15 PM
trust me lads, its an SR for defo. an it is one of the last ever made. hence my user name 'last of the nova sr's!' its a carb an its mega quick! like keeps up with GSi's with ease. i suspect theres a tricky cam in it. on the launch from stand still it flies like feck! but i want a few more pony's under the bonnet.

srs1
29-03-04, 12:27 PM
best way to do it is to strip the car out. no head linning, rear seats carpet spare wheel. door cards. get poly carb instead of glass in the doors.
upgrade your brakes.
if it is an injected airbox (not saying it is, puuting this in for others) then drill the airbox. could gain an extra 1-2 bhp.

Big_Chap
29-03-04, 03:49 PM
trust me lads, its an SR for defo. an it is one of the last ever made. hence my user name 'last of the nova sr's!' its a carb an its mega quick! like keeps up with GSi's with ease. i suspect theres a tricky cam in it. on the launch from stand still it flies like feck! but i want a few more pony's under the bonnet.

hey mate, i've got a K plate SR too, they are rare as! its in the SR section under Big_Chap! your the only other person i've come acorss with one, i used to get questioned all the time when buying parts for a "SR in a K plate" it was reg'g in october '92, what about yours?

Mike
29-03-04, 05:07 PM
ace! mines registered in may 92. its gotta be one of the last nova SRs ever made. ill get a pic an post it for sum proof! im only the third owner but its jst past 100k miles. (clock reads 00532!)

paid ?1500 for it with 16 inch mille miglia 5 spokes, lowered 30mm, an entire kenwood system, 5.5 inch rage exhaust and alarm+immobilser.

the old owner kept it in mint condition but the engine been tuned cuz it'll keep up with GSi's easy. dnt no spec yet but watch this space. :)

Snowface
29-03-04, 06:25 PM
ace! mines registered in may 92. its gotta be one of the last nova SRs ever made. ill get a pic an post it for sum proof! im only the third owner but its jst past 100k miles. (clock reads 00532!)

Just cause its a K plate doesn't mean it was Made in that year.

The car could have been *Made* in 1990 for all you know. It was just sold by the dealer and registered in 1992.

Maybe it was one in a showroom or something and wasn't put up for sale till late.

Aragorn
29-03-04, 10:19 PM
i always thaught the start point for the K plate was august 1992

so how u can have a k plate which was registered 3 months before that ive no idea :/

Mike
30-03-04, 08:30 AM
when i wrote that reply i wer at wrk an ddnt av the log book wiv me. can find out exact date of the registration but i fink it was made in 1991.
not 100% sure tho?

Big_Chap
30-03-04, 08:57 PM

The car could have been *Made* in 1990 for all you know. It was just sold by the dealer and registered in 1992.

Maybe it was one in a showroom or something and wasn't put up for sale till late.

yeah mate you've just stated the obvious, i'm under no illusions as to how came about but all i'm saying is that there aint many k plates, i've not seen another one!!!

is your nova a k plate then because '91 is H/J material

Mike
31-03-04, 12:21 PM
all i no is that its a K plate and i wer registered in 1992. its definetly not H/J reg material. :?

Jules
31-03-04, 12:38 PM
the old owner kept it in mint condition but the engine been tuned cuz it'll keep up with GSi's easy. dnt no spec yet but watch this space. :)

You seem quite certain that it'll keep up with 100bhp GSi's - How do you know? Been racing?
And if it is one of the very last SR's then I'd strongly advise NOT racing it and keeping it in good order, it'll only end in tears if you try and race all and sundry.....
:roll:

Pez14sr
05-04-04, 08:45 AM
mines a 1992 k reg nova too!!!!

Ste_Nova
05-04-04, 08:58 AM

vin plate will show year of build..... also is the car black vin plated?

Mike
05-04-04, 10:25 AM
black vin plated? ehh

Ste_Nova
05-04-04, 11:07 AM
black vin plated? ehh

http://uploader.co.uk/images/blacked.jpg

Mike
05-04-04, 12:28 PM
dunno, never checked. wots the deal with it neway?

Jack
07-04-04, 12:37 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2472187674&category=9858

there's a K reg 1400SR

Richyb
07-04-04, 03:23 PM
Liverpool victoria no longer cover 2lt 16v conversions........they never did its just some punk sales guy who wanted commission. speak with the senior underwriter!!!

I tuned my 1.4sr carb from 72bhp up to 112bhp using webers, cam , and headwork it was fast but not as fast as me turbo wwwha tishhh.

Ste_Nova
07-04-04, 04:26 PM
Liverpool victoria no longer cover 2lt 16v conversions........they never did its just some punk sales guy who wanted commission. speak with the senior underwriter!!!

well my 2.0 16v is insured with them... .. so they did at some time :lol:

Richyb
07-04-04, 04:36 PM
If you crash mate u will be stuffed!! trust me

they havent got a modded car database all they do is tick engine/carb modifications.

what does your insurnce cert say?? 1.6gsi

Ste_Nova
08-04-04, 09:22 AM
If you crash mate u will be stuffed!! trust me

i have the phone convo recoreded it says 1.2i with engine mods

Richyb
08-04-04, 10:39 AM
It doesnt matter mate if you have 4 recordings. 1.2 with engine mods will cover asperation mods on that engine NOT AN ENGINE TRANSPLANT. i was in sured with Liverpool VIC for 1 yr and i wandered why a flux quoted 2k to insure me 2lt 16v when i was 19 then LV gave me 990! i dont think so mate , they are underwrited by a company who does not cover engine transplants . the only companies in the uk who will cover trans plants is HIGHWAY, NIG, and EQUITY(if you are over 25) . LV are not underwriter by these guys, they only charge 5 % loading becuse they are not performance car insurures. if u have an accident and the insurance surveyer comes to c it they will decline the cover. at my renewal in jan i phoned them up and said that i had upgraded my engine from 2lt 16v to the turbo and some gurl sed yeh this was okay and i told her she was being recorded because i was phoning from my insurance company and she said it was fine...............a day later the senior underwriter rang and said listen mate this should never have been on cover in the 1st place and if you had a accident you would not have been covered and they said they would have to now decline the cover because they dont cover cars with larger engine conversions. The whole idea of A flux is when u have a 2lt turbo out of a group 19 calibra.........you get put in group 19 and have to pay the fee if you want to be covered.........liverpool vic will leave you in the same group5 1.2 7sr 11 for the gte thats why its cheaper but u will not b covered!!!!!!!!!! Trust me man i was an underwriter for 3 yrs. On my insurance cert with A flux it says 2.0 Modified Turbo. Your 1 with l vic will say 1.2 nova. YOU are not covered speak with senior underwriter

Richyb
08-04-04, 10:43 AM
HIGHWAY, NIG, and EQUITY(if you are over 25)

Just to clarify HIGHWAY COVER 19yr old +

NIG 19-20yr 0ld+ they need 1 yrs driving experinece on performance car or the car that you want to insure

EQUITY will cover eninge transplant if you are over 25 but tend to charge loads and its only worth using them if you have got alot BHP