PDA

View Full Version : VIRUS WARNING!

Anonymous
30-05-01, 04:37 PM
DO A SEARCH FOR sulfnbk.exe ON YOUR COMPUTER. IT IS A VIRUS THAT KICKS IN ON THE 1ST OF JUNE / 1ST JULY. MOST FO YOU
WILL HAVE IT

cheers

Davo

:) Here and now, i wanna be the one for you :)

Anonymous
30-05-01, 06:45 PM
wot kind of virus it carry??

take it if you got file delete it but how did it get there if its infectious?

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
30-05-01, 08:47 PM
dont delete the file unless you received the above from e mail it is on all computers found in c/windows/command you will find it on the win98 cd in precopy cab files 1 if you are unsure delete it an restore it from win 98 disk :D

Anonymous
30-05-01, 10:35 PM
eh?? highly confused :(

Anonymous
31-05-01, 12:49 AM
just get uptodate antivirus stuff and that will sort things out

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
31-05-01, 03:44 AM
WEIRD!

I just did a search for it and there it is, and have you seen the weird icon for it??
It's like a kids drown it in Paint, and it says LFngk

Anyone know what this application is supposed to do?

Have I got the proper file, or is mine some dodgy virus file?
It's not been moded since "Monday, May 11, 1998 20:01:00" so it must be ok.

www.novabug.co.uk

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:16 AM
dunno, just my mate phoned me, its a like athe mellissa virus.

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:21 AM
mine hasnt been modded scince the 23 april 1999 but i still got the daft icon

anyways coz im not scared i tried to click on it so to see if it fucked up my computer
lol it didnt do nothing :)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
31-05-01, 11:22 AM
oh my god!!
some people!

its a hoax!

before you spread these rumours check them out, as someone that runs 2 websites mt wyatt you should know this.

there is more info and a link to a virus info website on mig, i haven't time to find the link.

thanks for panicing everyone davo.

ps davo, i have sent you an irish virus,as the irish do not have a lot of programming experience please follow these instructions:

please format your harddrive and email everyone in your address book asking them to do the same.

[-celebrate.jpg-]

Liverpool - Champions of Europe, Unique Cup treble.

Anonymous
31-05-01, 02:22 PM
rofl

I swear they put womens hormones in alcohol... Cos afterwards you talk shit and you cant drive

Anonymous
31-05-01, 03:09 PM
for starters its not a hoax "MR" Storey, it is a file that was copied when you install windows e.t.c. But it is the file that gets infected witht he melissa virus which happens tomorrow! bitch boy!

lol

Anonymous
31-05-01, 03:40 PM
Actually brains it is a hoax, read an antivirus site such as sarc.com, and maybe engage your brain before spreading hoax email messages.
quote:
This particular email message is a hoax. The file that is mentioned in the hoax, however, Sulfnbk.exe, is a Microsoft Windows utility that is used to restore long file names, and like any .exe file, it can be infected by a virus that targets .exe files.
The virus/worm W32.Magistr.24876@mm can arrive as an attachment named Sulfnbk.exe. The Sulfnbk.exe file used by Windows is located in the C:\Windows\Command folder. If the file is located in any other folder, or arrives as an attachment to a email message, then it is possible that the file is infected.

Category: Hoax
Please ignore any messages regarding this hoax and do not pass on messages. Passing on messages about the hoax only serves to further propagate it.

and for stupid people like davo:
If you have deleted the Sulfnbk.exe file from the C:\Windows\Command folder and want to know how to restore the file, you should contact your computer manufacturer or Microsoft for assistance. As an alternative, If you are running Windows 98 or Windows Me, see the document How to extract files in Safe Mode under Windows 98 or Windows Millennium.

Thank you and good day, please do not waste any more of my time mr wyatt, other than the apology.

Ian.

Ps Davo, please put your pc and everything that came with it back in the box and return it to the shop from which it came, telling them you are far too stupid to operate a pc.

[-celebrate.jpg-]

Liverpool - Champions of Europe, Unique Cup treble.

Anonymous
31-05-01, 04:28 PM
Hmm. Melissa virus was a word macro virus. and sulfnbk.exe has no connection with MS Office. It restores long filename support and is not executed on startup. Therefore it wouldn't get chance to activate.

A virus to look out for at mo though is the Jennifer Lopez one. Warning came in an industry IT newsletter i recieved this morning. If u get an e-mail with a naked pic attached resist all urges and delete the message.

B-) "Don't send me back to the dark place" B-)

Anonymous
31-05-01, 04:36 PM
Ps Davo, please put your pc and everything that came with it back in the box and return it to the shop from which it came, telling them you are far too stupid to operate a pc.
<--- Stolen from me in chat room!

Right ian, i got the message from a friend who works at a college, all the computers had been "INFECTED" with that virus. I was letting other users know about it and precautions about it - i.e deleting the file. The 1st of June is the date of the mellissa virus. Whos saying that web site is correct, all i know is that the college computers were infected. :)

no apology for you im afraid :)

Anonymous
31-05-01, 08:04 PM
hmm i get emails with naked female pictures in them every day ;)

Anonymous
31-05-01, 10:53 PM
micky m8, thats cos you paid a company to send you them ;) lol :D

Anonymous
01-06-01, 09:32 AM
ermm i never paid em!!!!! ;)