PDA

View Full Version : twin 40's air filters

Anonymous
28-05-01, 01:17 AM
what filters will fit on a nova running twin 40's?

Anonymous
28-05-01, 12:35 PM
i think you have to get thin k&n ones? not sure, im sure MC will set me straight soon enuf :'>

Anonymous
28-05-01, 11:51 PM
got none on mine atmoment need sum pronto
i think mc just siad to use sum mesh to stop grit but not hinder airflow?

could be me just talking out ov my arse though

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
31-05-01, 12:48 AM
Most companies make filters for the 40`s but I`d say a cotton filter like K&N or greenstuff gives the best airflow. I dont run any filters for peak performance, but itr is advisable to use a fine wire mesh over the trumpets if you do this, to stop any larger bits of grit from gettin in and scratchin ya cylinders.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
31-05-01, 08:27 PM
I have a Nova Sport with Twin Forties, and I have tried several methods to improve airflow, the best result apart from just trumpets, gets blocked by small particles even with mesh,was itg filter 60mm overall dimention an offset base plate specially made as not to foul the alternator and short external trumpets. I have had K and N filters x2 not very good restrictive and the original imersher airbox fouls the strut brace but at the moment Iam using this again with a pannel K and N and getting 120bhp on the rolling road with limited other mods exhaust cam etc.one tip is that if you use foam filters if you go over large puddle water can be splashed up in front of the bulk head and get sucked up by the carbs.

stereo is my name 155db is my game