PDA

View Full Version : Bent FOX 6 Alloy !

Nick
25-03-04, 10:51 PM
Took a corner a weee bit too tight the other day and badly bent one of my Fox 6 wheels. (Same as Hardies car)

Took it to the local tyre/lowering shop and they sed that the FOX 6 (the basic kinda 5 spoke one) has been discontinued ! so he hit it with a hammer and it went back to being nearly perfectly round !. the lip of the alloy was bent down and splayed out alot.

I had to get it done because i run astra gsi brakes and steelies wouldn't have a hope in hell of going over those.

Then i went to the motorsport shop and they told me that the man has jst ruined my wheel ? i needed to be pressed and would hav been perfectly fine !?

Anyone know where i can get hold of a FOX 6 wheel ! jst the one, apparently they hav been discontinued and the popular ET42 (whih i have) has sold out now.

Argh argh

thanks !

GaryGlasgow
25-03-04, 11:31 PM
Sounds like the guy who did the repair has just went a little too far when hitting it but if it is straight i dont see why you would need to replace it, at least not right away, chances are the motorsport shop are talking sh*te i am always hearing about this sort of thing, one shop seeing another ones work and making it out to be crap because maybe they could have done it a little better, i may be wrong but it happens a lot, the machine they were talking about to straighten your wheel is not very good from what i have heard so far, my boss' mate just spent thousands buying one and he is already telling them to take it back. so if the wheel is straight and you are happy with it dont be put off by using it.

Hardie
25-03-04, 11:43 PM
The wheels have been discontinued now they are fox 6 evo's i think :?

As for the bent wheel, em.....local scrappies is all i can think of or posting a wanted msg on all your local forums

buy mine for one hundred million dollars