PDA

View Full Version : Engine mods on my NOVA GTE? What can be done? What u reckon?

NOVADOSE16
25-03-04, 10:41 PM
Just wondering how to get a few more Horse's out of my engine? I've heard about the "Airflow meter mod" but don't what to do with it?? and a "throttle body" mod too, something to do with the flap that opens and closes?? Can some body explain these please.

And i have fitted a Full ashley exhaust system on it it including the 4-1 manifold. Sounds great I haven't done anything to the airbox yet though, What mods do you reccomend i do to that? Drill it with a panel filter or get a K&N cone filter?

Wot do you reccomend for my engine? Any other mods i can do to it??

Cheers
Dan

peester
25-03-04, 11:51 PM
all in here mate...

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82247

print it out read in bog/at work tommorow

Aragorn
26-03-04, 12:00 AM
ive got a piperx cone on mine

and i would advise against touching the afm - its very delicate and messing with the spring rates will just end up with the engine overfuelling all the time

Gunzi
26-03-04, 11:33 AM
air box - remove the original pipe and cut a wider hole to fit in wider ducting, then add panel filter. A 57i is too near the exhaust manifold and will suck in plenty of hot air otherwise.
The butterfly mod is very effective and very simple to do!
I didn't bother with the AFM - not worth buggering it up!
Skim the head and add a cam. This is what I've done to my E16SE

Dpnova
26-03-04, 12:22 PM
twin 40s 8)

NOVADOSE16
26-03-04, 01:07 PM
i'll have to try these mods 8) Do twin 40's make allot of differance?

Dan

Alex
26-03-04, 01:24 PM
Get the book titled "How to tune and modify Bosch fuel injection" if you want to know about the AFM mod. It really isnt that hard to do if you take your time and think before you act