PDA

View Full Version : gsi

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:21 AM
basicaly i know i osted this in technical but anyway im buying a gsi and apart from dodgyu petrol guage it was mint bit of surface rust.all old mots etcc...ust no central lockng for some reason why do people think the cars a ringer just cos it hasnt got central locking.is it easy to put it cos i got it onmy sr can i swap t over

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:22 AM
if you have HPI checked it and had a very good look over it it should be fine.

Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:29 AM
maybe it has it but its fucked??????

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:30 AM
i had 2 sr's so i know where rust forms so thats all i was woried about its mint inside 85000 on an h reg completey standard apart from an old cat 1 alarm pioneer face offf and 6 x9s all old mots etc...few bits of surface rust on wing bottoms arches and corner of boot but nothing that cant be fixed.just a dodgy petrol guage and no central locking.it was up for 1650 but she said she will take 14000 think that this is a good price considering its standard

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:31 AM
sorry i meant 1400 not 14000 is the central locking easy to put in?

Anonymous
31-05-01, 09:54 AM
I know this might sound silly but you have checked all the numbers on the vin plates, 5v document, and most importantly the chassis number at the side of the drivers seat! and check it hasn't had the number welded in from another car. I would be very wary, I know because I once bought one. :(

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
31-05-01, 11:01 AM
just cos it aint got central locking people think its a ringer?

Anonymous
31-05-01, 11:08 AM
yeah, but why would someone take the central locking out of the car? I thought all GSi's had central locking????? maybe it didn't start liife as a GSi, maybe it was built from another model and has just had loads of bits off another crashed(or stolen) GSi transplanted into the car. If it was from a stolen GSi, it could explain why the central locking isnt there, cos they may have fooooked it when stealing the GSi!!!!! There are plenty of GSi's out there with working central locking, for about the same price aswell. I reckon if you feel remotely dodgy about it, don't buy it, just hang on.

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
31-05-01, 11:21 AM
where is it i wanna have a look (and a laugh)!!

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---