PDA

View Full Version : 1/4mile vids

Jim
23-03-04, 09:17 PM
I think it was Mike Oxford that was asking for some 1/4mile vids, well if you go to:

http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk

You will find a load of videos for you all to download.

Jim

P.S. There are also some pics of my Nova in it's current state :)

jkhilton
23-03-04, 09:22 PM
nice one, I've been wanting to see some of these vids for ages.

John

Dpnova
23-03-04, 10:33 PM
Nice one jim

mikeoxford
23-03-04, 10:38 PM
nice one jim 8)

if anyone has any problems running them........

try winamp.

i couldnt get some videos of dan and a saloon to run, and a couple of others dan sent me, he had same version of media player as me. bloody strange.

anyway

installed nullsoft winamp and worked straight away

Adam
23-03-04, 10:53 PM
I can't get them to work right, all i get is the sound and no picture.
I have tried both Winamp and Windows Media Player,
weird????????????? :?:

Dpnova
23-03-04, 10:54 PM
I can and CPs sounds mad and goes quite well to :D

Adam
23-03-04, 11:11 PM
What program are you using Dp

Dpnova
23-03-04, 11:16 PM
realone

badnova
23-03-04, 11:34 PM
have to have the correct codec for it to work

scott.parker
23-03-04, 11:37 PM
Well i couldnt get the vids to work but the pics.. :o oh my god jim you got some work to do there,or has it gon on loads from them pics?

scott

Breeny
24-03-04, 12:40 AM
Will be done in 4 weeks Scott... :wink:

You need the "Xvid" codec for the videos to work properly. Just type it into google for some download sites.

Jim
24-03-04, 08:55 AM
I got the latest version of Windows Media Player and they seem to work fine. I also have WinDVD which may have some codecs that help the files work. As Breeny said best thing to do is get them Xvid codecx, they allow you to play almost anything :)

Scott, thats how it was on Saturday. I'll be popping back in a couple of weeks to get some updated pics. It looks alot worse than it is (hm, think I'm trying to kid myself there, lol)

Jim

Nath
24-03-04, 09:02 AM
is there a website i can download the new codecs from to play these? as all i have is the sound??

Jim
24-03-04, 09:05 AM
is there a website i can download the new codecs from to play these? as all i have is the sound??

You need the "Xvid" codec for the videos to work properly. Just type it into google for some download sites.

^^^ ;)

Jim

Nath
24-03-04, 09:12 AM
see i got so carried away i didnt even read through the post :roll:

jkhilton
24-03-04, 02:13 PM
a good video player is VideoLan. it's the only player I have used that has been able to play just about any video that I can throw at it. Realone,mediaplayer,powerdvd,divx player etc struggled to play some files I downloaded, but videolan played them without any hassle. it's worth checking out.

VideoLan (www.videolan.org)

John

Nath
24-03-04, 02:57 PM
rite they work now with that codec but that codec doesnt let me play the films etc i have on my comp arghhhhhh!

Adam
24-03-04, 07:52 PM
Cheers "jkhilton", mint program.
If anyone is having problems with the videos download that VideoLan, its a 10Mb download, but well worth it.
It really does play everyting, i now have the video part of the videos, all of which wouldn't play in Windows Media Player,Winamp,WinDVD,AsusDVD.
And then a free program plays the lot,
cheers mate.

_JH_
24-03-04, 11:24 PM
if only i had broadband, lol

Stuart
25-03-04, 07:14 PM
and the divx codecs from their own site (the free oens are hidden lol)