PDA

View Full Version : which dump valve

let turbo
23-03-04, 07:25 PM
hi ppl im well on the way with my let nova project but i dont know which 1 to go for i defo want a whoosh type 1 :D but theres the baily type 1s or the loud as fuck blow off 1s help plz.ps im not a boyracer :wink: i just wanna shit ppl up.cheers

Stuart
23-03-04, 07:33 PM
the louder it is the more power you get from it

let turbo
23-03-04, 07:39 PM
i didnt think it made much of a difference

jim sri
24-03-04, 11:34 AM
gat a bailey dv26 twin piston type, i have one and that sounds nice.
make sure you get the twin piston type, the single piston types can cause idling/running probs on LET's....

Ste_Nova
24-03-04, 12:53 PM
dv26 as seen here

http://uploader.co.uk/images/c816f3954cfd9aef1323576102226506

Alex
24-03-04, 01:12 PM
the louder it is the more power you get from it

:lol:

2litreturbo
24-03-04, 03:55 PM
what are the dump valves that sounds like a series of woo's like
"woo woo woo woo woo woo" going very quickly and getting quiter each time instead of the usual woosh.

NovaNeil
24-03-04, 03:58 PM
Thats an External Wastegate that makes that noise......

Get a Blow off Valve! Not a dump valve! Much better sound.... Tissssss Instead of Whoooosh :lol:

2litreturbo
24-03-04, 04:04 PM
Thats an External Wastegate that makes that noise......

Get a Blow off Valve! Not a dump valve! Much better sound.... Tissssss Instead of Whoooosh :lol:

How hard and expensive to fit an external wastegate?

jim sri
24-03-04, 06:06 PM
you should hear the wastegate if you run the standard re-circ dump valve (not an external such as baileys for example) with a large cone filter...sounds nice

Rick Draper
24-03-04, 08:01 PM
you should hear the wastegate if you run the standard re-circ dump valve (not an external such as baileys for example) with a large cone filter...sounds nice

I cud hear both the dump valve and the waste gate when my old KKK was on.

At the end of this rebuild i will be able to hear a nice external wastegate dumping exhaust fumes straight to the road as it aint mateing back up with the exhaust. IMHO there is no need to run a external gate unless your aiming for big bhp as when you start to run higher boost pressures, actuators cannot hold the standard wastegate shut and you have a varying boost pressure at high psi. Rick

2litreturbo
24-03-04, 10:23 PM
how hard are they to fit though?

NovaNeil
25-03-04, 12:34 PM
Im not sure, but I don't think you can buy them as an Attachment for a Normal Turbo to replace the internal wastegate (normal Actuator) I think you can only get them with Turbo Kits... But I could be wrong.... I not saying you can't buy just the wastegate though.... Cause you can. Its just you'd have to have a custom Pipe setup to run it, and space is very limited anyway, so it would be a lot of hardwork.

Breeny
25-03-04, 01:00 PM
Barry Valves... lol

Dont bother with one, just have a recirc one.

Ste_Nova
25-03-04, 01:33 PM
At the end of this rebuild i will be able to hear a nice external wastegate dumping exhaust fumes straight to the road as it aint mateing back up with the exhaust.

you gonna get anti lag as well rick?