PDA

View Full Version : possible engine transplants?

probert_nova
23-03-04, 04:12 PM
i currently have a k reg 1.2i nova and find it to have very flat acceleration.
im looking to change it for a bigger engine but not for an engine that has come out of a nova because these are very old and have lost alot of there poke.
i know the 2.0litre astra conversion is possible but because i am a young driver i know this would be suicidal!

i read somewhere that the corsa b 1.6 16v is a possible conversion.is this true?

could i have any ideas on what (not very old)engines would fit?

cheers

Dpnova
23-03-04, 04:15 PM
1600 16v
1400 16v

are good choices

Philsutton
23-03-04, 05:40 PM
the astra GTe engine is bout the same age as the novas, if you can be bothered an have the money you can put any engine in you want.

badnova
23-03-04, 05:55 PM
when you put a new engine in do you have to have it inspected by a engineer bloke

LiD0N
23-03-04, 06:07 PM
"because i am a young driver i know this would be suicidal!" probly rite lol

probert_nova
23-03-04, 10:42 PM
im not looking to spend much money. only the cost of the engine and other parts.
iv'e got a friend who will be able to fit the engine, so im looking for sumut thats straight forward to fit.

im seriously thinking about the 1.6 16v corsa engine.
does it matter what age the corsa is or will they all fit the same?

has any one got the bhp figures for this?

cheers

Snowface
24-03-04, 06:21 PM
the only straight forward swap engine swap u could do is the 1.4spi engine found in 5-door's and Saloon's.

The 1.6 16v or 8v u would need to change Loom, Fuel lines, Fuel Tank, Fuel Pump, Exhaust manifold/system and would reccommend brakes.

if ur going to put a carb'd engine in then u don't need ur ECU-Loom. U would also need a manifold and system (loose the cat)

and other stuff i can't think of right now.