PDA

View Full Version : whos email address is this

badnova
21-03-04, 06:57 PM
whos email address is this

a2lt16v@hotmail.com

just to let you know you have a virus cos it sent me an email with it as a attachment. :evil: :lol:

hope you can get rid of it

Neil.
21-03-04, 07:04 PM
believe it or not its the user 'a2lt16v' off here, he uses this site alot so he'll read this soon. Change the name of the subject to 'FAO a2ltr16v' He'll read it quicker.

mavvmad
21-03-04, 07:16 PM
Like wise I have just received an email from

sales@scottassociates.co.uk ???

Anyone know who it is please?

Ste_Nova
21-03-04, 07:38 PM
it will be spoofed address..

peeps keep getting emails from my ste_nova@darkcruisers.com address... even though it's just an incoming forwarding address :lol:

Dan
21-03-04, 07:47 PM
also neil, please, if your going to give advice then atleast think about what you type and not just punch the keyboard in a ham fisted manor.

DO NOT change anything to FAO, instead just send him a polite pm explaining the situation if needs be, he will get it as soon as he enters the site next time

Neil.
21-03-04, 07:56 PM
sorry dan, i was going to say to delete this post and PM him but as i replied i didnt think he could delete it. so thats why i said change the title.
Obviously a PM is alot easier, but it does depend if it's kept a 'private' message :evil:

badnova
21-03-04, 11:07 PM
just letting you all know in case you get 1 from him 2

its 1 of those viruses that forwards it self to everyone in your address book
if your email address is in there it will send one to you
then the receiver will open it and the ball rolls again and does the same thing with there computer

Tilly
22-03-04, 10:58 AM
ive had a few scam ones just deleted them though

Jack
22-03-04, 12:56 PM
i've had a few from ppl off here which had viruses. Just mentioned it in the virus thread and pm-ed the ppl who it may have come from.

a2lt16v
22-03-04, 08:02 PM
sorry about that i read the undelivered report today. confused me a bit. didn't even know i had ya email address in my hot mail thing. where is the virus if its in hot mail as thats not actually on my computer is it. its hosted on net

Jim
22-03-04, 09:03 PM
We were getting similar emails at work. They were from people in our address books, but they didnt send them. It's possible that the mail you got had a hidden virus that attaches itself to .exe's Runa virus checker on your machine if you can to make sure it's not infected your machine.

Jim

epo
22-03-04, 09:41 PM
i get them all the time off people on here never open em tho

i even sent me self one by the look of it :lol:

Riggy
22-03-04, 10:28 PM
the best way to stop yourself sending anybody a virus is to create a false entry in you addres book and call it A make a fake email address up and if you do ever get a virus it wiil try to send to that first and fail so it will go no further

badnova
23-03-04, 06:01 PM
it will send but then come back with an email saying incorrect email address

well thats what mine does

Riggy
23-03-04, 06:09 PM
exactly it needs to be confirmed to go on to the next address