PDA

View Full Version : gsi or gte

Anonymous
25-05-01, 09:04 PM
im after a black gsi or gte what should i look for apart from obvious i had a 2 1.3sr's and know where rust froms etc.. any thing in particular about the cars to look for and what should i pay for a gsi with no rust prety standard roughly?and what about the same price for a gte?is there any difference speed wise between the two?

Anonymous
25-05-01, 09:55 PM
Go for a Gsi, newer and generally quicker cars from Standard. You can do plenty with the engine to make it go quicker ;) As for price probably around 2-2.5k for a good condition one.

Jim.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
26-05-01, 12:42 PM
depends wot prices you wanna pay, u can get nice gte's for a grand or a nice gsi for 2-2.5k

depends wot u want

Anonymous
26-05-01, 05:43 PM
do u reckon i could pick up a good standard gsi for about 16/1700?

Anonymous
26-05-01, 08:12 PM
I quite like GTEs,however I aint seen much of GSis,I think there's one around my end,its red,and had a crunch a while ago,all sorted now tho,completely standard,it was mint-think he was selling...

Anonymous
28-05-01, 06:41 PM
get a gte mate they have got more torque and i think their quicker u know......well mine is anyway and what to look for eh?
look for any YELLOW lines drawn in on the engine bay bcoz if theire is any there then it hs failed the MOT and then u can offere stupid prices like ?300-400 hahahahaha

mine hd failed the mot it had been left standing for 3yrs when i got it woah!!! it was bad he tryed to bullshit me that the yellow markings were where the induction kit used to be.....never mind he wanted ?1000 he got....?300 he wont do that again.. hahahahahaha :)
so be aware

Keithy boy maximus

Anonymous
28-05-01, 10:14 PM
Dont bother with a GTE if you can afford a GSi!!!

Anonymous
29-05-01, 09:22 AM
gsi gets std electric windows, sunroof and nicer black trim

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
30-05-01, 09:37 PM
you should be able 2 pick up a good gsi for ?1500 + if u hunt about, also look out for stolen recovered 1's with just damaged locks coz u pick them up cheap. for ?2000+ i would expect a pritty clean mint tip top condtion low milage full service history 1 lady owner from new etc....... sort of motor

RobDmr@aol.com
Bring it on 2.0 16v