PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank straps

Adam
21-03-04, 01:54 PM
Do novas have them straps that hold the petrol tank, because one of the ones on my dads car has just broke(bloody speed humps) and i can't seem to tell where they mount onto, i know one end has a nut on but the other end is in like a pivot hinge.Do novas have the same type of thing and does anyone know if you can buy them spare and how do you fit them.

brian
21-03-04, 03:15 PM
the hinge side has a pin like a door pin. just bang it through and open the 13 nut at the other end and the strap is off.

Adam
21-03-04, 03:39 PM
Yeah but on me dads car the strap pivot hinge is inside like a little bar, under the spare wheel well, you can't see it.
Are the straps all that hold the tank on, it seems bloody stupid if two strips of metal hold a full tank.
Anyone know where i can get a replacement strap for it, cus me dads lost without a car.

brian
21-03-04, 10:05 PM
Yeah but on me dads car the strap pivot hinge is inside like a little bar, under the spare wheel well, you can't see it.

what car you on about?

Are the straps all that hold the tank on, it seems bloody stupid if two strips of metal hold a full tank.

yes thats what holds the tank on what the hell else would you like to hold it on other than to weld it on :?

Adam
21-03-04, 10:28 PM
An old G reg Proton,

and wouldn't it be much simpler for manufacturers to just bolt the petrol tank straight to the boot floor, instead of having two strips of metal supporting it? :|