PDA

View Full Version : fitting bodykit

johnatstroma
20-03-04, 09:31 PM
i have just bought a nova abyss bodykit,
has any one elses fitted one, are they easy to fit on the nova?

has any1 got instructions on how to do it, dnt want fo fcuk it up.

Adam
21-03-04, 01:49 PM
I have never fitted one, but it is normally just a case of test fitting them, so remove your original bumpers and place the new abyss ones in there place. See how they fit, if they don't quite go on all the way then you will probably need to trim some of the edges. If they seem too small then you may need to add parts, normally fibreglass. But that is only with a very crap made kit, the abyss i think goes on quite well.
Did any mounting brackets or anything come with it?

johnatstroma
21-03-04, 04:20 PM
no fitting brackets, bolts or instructions came with th kit.
i have just tried to see wat the fit is with the rear bumber and a think a slight cut is required at the rear corners.
Never fitted a bodykit b4, just av to wait 4 the welding to be finished at th front then can start sorting the front aswell

morley
24-03-04, 01:06 PM
i am having the same kit fitted to my nova at the moment and it is a right git, the back one is not bad but the fron one sticks out at the front by about 1 inch (ish) and so has to be modified to fit. the spoilers are not bad but as you said there are no fixings at all so you have to do it yourself. I dont have the skirts tho i have novadose ones and they are even worse.

Hope that helps.