PDA

View Full Version : The Plan!!

mavvmad
20-03-04, 08:42 PM
Weather permitting im going a hunting in the local scrappies tomorrow to see if by chance the have another Nova Antibes in.
I particularly want the blue Antibes interior including the carpet, Think this will go well in a Silver Nova GTE.?

Externally the car is staying pretty much standard. Also Im probably going to put the Original GTE alloys back on if I can find a mint set.

I want a sorted interior (no bucket seats due to the wifes back trouble and my back aint too clever either) keeping the digidash but will more than likely revert back to a MK1 dash unless there are more mk2 dashes in the scrappies and I can getthe bits that I need. Still a bit undecided on that front.

The car is already lowerd 30 mil and handles a treat due to new bushes everywhere so im going on the "if it aint broke dont fix it" method.

Engine is where the fun is going to be, im thinking about keeping this original engine or POSSIBLY changing up to a Cav SRi 8v130bhp SEH engine if its not too difficult to change over to one and going from there.
Obviously a performance zorst and filter setup will be required. As the manifold on mine is blowing.

Ice to be sorted too, I have a competition spec Alpine head and changer, just need the sub sorted (10" but need a box for it) and the rest of the speakers and a decent amp.

Gonna take time to do but shouldnt be that difficult.

Your thoughts appreciated.

mav
Engine is where the fun is going to be

-Bruce-
20-03-04, 10:59 PM
that sounds good mate!! hope the weather treats you well tomorrow. lol :lol:

Phil_G
20-03-04, 11:53 PM
Mav,

good luck m8, have fun out huntin the yards...

as long as youve amassed all the necessary parts for the conversion I would say it should be "ok" however, the best bet is to speak with people who done the job before for advice.

as for the interior mods its all down to how you want the car m8, your doing it for yourself.

have fun

phil

mavvmad
21-03-04, 01:31 AM
Cheers.

I gather there may be a problem using standard GTE alloys on my car due to the 16v brake conversion on the front?

Ah well, minor detail, I will just have to get it some nice alloys then :P

All in all I know how I want the car so now I have very dfinate plans in my mind.

All I need to do now is decide on what engine I want and ultimately want I want for it. Nova's are light so weight is an issue, I dont want to upset the balance between the weight of the engine and the car so a bigger (heavier) engine may not be totally feasable in my eyes however the appeal of more power is also there so it kinda makes it a tricky decision.

At the end of the day im not worried about being the fastest up the 1/4 mile at Santapod, if I wanted that I would be chucking a modded to hell XE in there, I want good fast track action in a car that handles well so that makes keeping the 1.6 and modding that a better idea?

Despite weight being an issue im not going down the strip out / roll cage route as I also want my ice, I guess I want an all rounder really.

I love the planning stages so that I can then go onto the building with a set idea of what I want.

Should have got a Nova years ago :D

mavvmad
21-03-04, 11:31 AM
Damn weather has kept me away from the scrappies. :(

Ah well wilkl just have to some more of the little stuff today in the shelter of me garage.

Barn
21-03-04, 02:16 PM
if you keeping to 1.6 mate i.e for good car balance and handling etc I would go for the 1.6 16v (X16XE) and modify that (chuck some TBs on there, lairy cams etc).

p.s - I think that is the correct engine code

mavvmad
21-03-04, 03:34 PM
Short lived plan im afraid.

Just been playing with the car and bearing in mind the MOT is due its not gonna happen.

The car is going back to its previous owner who will take it out at Castlecomb and kill it. Floor is weak and with all the other bits it needs Ive decided its not worth my time or effort.

Shame because it could have been a good car.

Barn
21-03-04, 05:10 PM
short lived...

f ucking hell, lol

elsey197
21-03-04, 10:30 PM
get another one mate you wont regret it

Phil_G
22-03-04, 01:14 AM
gutted

:(

cant you strip car for bits and make some cash?

Phil

mavvmad
22-03-04, 06:56 AM
I could mate but the previous owner wants to use it as a track car. Ive lost nowt apart from a tank of fuel so im not worried.

Haynzee
24-03-04, 12:06 AM
8)