PDA

View Full Version : tie bar brackets

crossa
20-03-04, 07:35 PM
Where can i order lower tie bar brackets online?
Grtz crossa

crossa
20-03-04, 08:09 PM
I mean track control arm brackets.Or is it the same?I don't know how it is called in englisch.Mine bounce to the gearbox of my 2l16v egine.The hub is gone but still bounce.And I want to go very low.It's now lowered 6cm but i want it lower.

Stuart
21-03-04, 11:36 AM
you mean the two front mounts for the tie bars.

you can get lowerd, rose jointed ones, but im not sure where from.

sorry for the lack of answer, but atleast its in english so others can understand lol

crossa
21-03-04, 11:55 AM
Yes thanks man! I'm from the netherlands and my englisch is crappy.But does anybody know where i can order them?Mathijssen technics in the Netherlands sells them but they are 300 euro's.A bit expensive i think
Grtz CrOsSa

mikeyredtop
21-03-04, 11:57 AM
cant u make ur own or get a maching company to do them all they are is blocks if steel with holes in...

crossa
21-03-04, 12:18 PM
No not for the anti roll bar but for the bars where the anti roll bar is atteched to.The lowered mountings for the Tie bars,track control arms??????????In dutch it's called spoorstang haha
http://www.mathijssentechnics.nl/img/voorwiel/trekstangcorsa-a3.jpg

crossa
21-03-04, 12:29 PM
This one is not lower but is stronger and with polyurethne bushes.I need lower ones
http://www.mathijssentechnics.nl/img/voorwiel/trekstangbevestigingcorsa-a.jpg

mikeyredtop
21-03-04, 12:29 PM
i meant the tie bars..

2litreturbo
22-03-04, 07:08 PM
You want a block of steel with two holes in to sit between the tie bar and underneath the crossmember. Then you will need to weld some sheet sheet onto the vertical part of the tie bar mount and drill one hole in that. Make them nice and string though.

and yess, 300 euro is VERY expensive.

try www.hh-ms.co.uk

crossa
22-03-04, 07:25 PM
Thanks but the link doesn't work

2litreturbo
22-03-04, 08:40 PM
http://www.hh-ms.com

Sorry

beatin u
22-03-04, 09:27 PM
http://www.tas.uk.com/

i think they have them

Jim
22-03-04, 09:33 PM
http://www.usedrallyparts.co.uk/showcopagenew.cfm?pagekey=protec01

go down to Steering Components, you want the "Nova Tie bar brackets" (last item in that category)

Jim

LiD0N
22-03-04, 11:09 PM
sorry for being dumb but what are the advantages of these? apart from being stronger obviously

crossa
23-03-04, 07:07 AM
Ok thanks,but i think they are stronger,not lower.

Jim
23-03-04, 08:28 AM
I think they also reduce the amount of engine movement.

Jim

Stuart
23-03-04, 06:32 PM
/me slaps kelly

think again lol

if you ahve lowerd the car it helps to realign all the suspension, and also alows you to change your castor (albeit with a metal slieve), im not full up on how castor effect handeling as i was not taught suspension geometry properly at uni, the guy just assumed we knew and carried on lol.

also less play as they are rosejointed as opposed to rubber.

jim sri
24-03-04, 06:14 PM
if you've got just a 2l 16v running an f209 5 speed box, you should be able to get away with grinding away the offending lug from the bottom of the box, this is only a part of the cast and so does not matter/affect the box at all, just gives you more clearance.
if however you are running an f28, pm me and i'll send you dimensions of the blocks for the crossmember end of the tie bar, and also dimensions of the blocks at the hub end of the tie bar...

LiD0N
24-03-04, 06:17 PM
i grinded the lug off my f20 and it comes close to the tie bar but doesnt hit.. i dont think lol

Rick Draper
24-03-04, 07:31 PM
/me slaps kelly

think again lol

if you ahve lowerd the car it helps to realign all the suspension, and also alows you to change your castor (albeit with a metal slieve), im not full up on how castor effect handeling as i was not taught suspension geometry properly at uni, the guy just assumed we knew and carried on lol.

Me bitch slaps the both of you down.

Seems to me you were not taught much at uni :lol: :lol:

The new tie bar mounts lower the front tie bars down 1" from standard this stops the front of the car from raising under acceleration and braking due to the front suspension point having been lowered and the front suspension no longer wanting to raise under acceleration and dive under braking as its been forced towards the ground. Rick

Stuart
24-03-04, 08:02 PM
as i said, you raging homo, i was never taught the finer points of suspension setup, and due to the piss poor coverage of it i didnt get intrested lol

atleast half of what i said was true, rather than "stops the engine moving" lol

crossa
24-03-04, 08:35 PM
if you've got just a 2l 16v running an f209 5 speed box, you should be able to get away with grinding away the offending lug from the bottom of the box, this is only a part of the cast and so does not matter/affect the box at all, just gives you more clearance.
if however you are running an f28, pm me and i'll send you dimensions of the blocks for the crossmember end of the tie bar, and also dimensions of the blocks at the hub end of the tie bar...

I run a 2l16v.The lug is gone and it still hits the gearbox.Maybe to low?But i like it this low and in the future i want it lower.So what would be a better solution?What you said,blocks between or lower tie bar brackets?Blocks would be cheaper ofcourse.

jim sri
25-03-04, 11:20 AM
yer, just lower the front by using blocks, and lower the rear end of the tie bar using cylindrical blocks, the ones supplied in the m-tech kit are easy to get made by engineering places, mine cost me nothing it took them about 5 mins-lol

CP
25-03-04, 11:08 PM
/me slaps kelly

think again lol

Me bitch slaps the both of you down.

Seems to me you were not taught much at uni :lol: :lol:

The new tie bar mounts lower the front tie bars down 1" from standard this stops the front of the car from raising under acceleration and braking due to the front suspension point having been lowered and the front suspension no longer wanting to raise under acceleration and dive under braking as its been forced towards the ground. Rick

lol horray at last someone got it right :lol:

Jim
25-03-04, 11:11 PM
I knew that really, I was wanting to make Rick feel special ;)

Camb, stop slapping me, isn't your hand hurting by now?

Jim

Stuart
26-03-04, 02:44 PM
the slapping is easy as im used to spanking the monkey