PDA

View Full Version : Wheels, Brakes And Dash

Muttly
20-03-04, 06:43 PM
Hey all.
I'm new to the site and I've got a few questions I hope someone can help me with. I'm going to buy a Corsa A (or maybe a Nova, I live In ROI by the way).
I got 3 questions.
1. I run 16s on a 1.0 or should I go for a 1.2. The difference on insurance is a lot so money is a big factor. My last quote was ?4400 on a 1.0 and I'm 21!! Ye English have no idea how good ye have it with insurance!!! LOL. Also
2. Where can I get and how do I fit a Digidash? And If I'm running 16s which (I can't remember the name or the part but I know theres 4 of them and they're to do with wheel size and thr speedo) one do I need?
3. Where can I get and how do I fix rear discs? Sould I try and get a GTE back axle or can I just get discs and calipers and fit them some way.
Thanks for the answers guys.
Also when I get the car I'm going to be documenting everything I'll be doing so I'll post it here.

epo
20-03-04, 06:50 PM
the digi dash mate u can get from nova trader, ebay, scrapyard

theres a guide to fittin it on

http://www.nova-land.com/

get which ever nova u can afford insurance on and build up ur no claims

the rear axel off a gte is what u
u need to weld the hubs on2 ur origonal axel i think sum1 on here will know more hope this helps

Muttly
21-03-04, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the info. Anyone got answers to my other questions???

Muttly
21-03-04, 05:04 PM
Please help me!

Nick
21-03-04, 10:58 PM
1 - the difference between a 1.0 and 1.2 is a reasonable one. The 1.2's are quite quick for what they are (i have one) but a 1.0 with a few extras on it mite not be far behind. 16's will slow a 1.2 down as much as it would a 1.0 so there's not much difference i spose. go for the cheaper one !

2 - The didgidash can be found on here, or scrap yards e.t.c Make sure you get all the bits senders transducer e,t,c cos without everything it's a waste of money cos it wont work ! sometimes you can get them intact for 20 quid from a scrappy if the guy doesn't know wot he's on about. Your speedo will be slightly off cos of your bigger wheels, that's all that will happen, im not aware of oyu needing aything "extra" ?????

3 - You can use a GTE back axel and as epo sed you need to weld it's hubs onto yours. This can be done as a DIY but i think it's better to get it done professionally !" www.topbuzz.com (i think that's the right site) has a guide on rear disk conversions. To be honest, i have Astra GSi 2.0 16v calipers and disks just on the front and they are by a long way poweful enough.