PDA

View Full Version : Grinding / rubbing noise

Flairing Nova
20-03-04, 12:16 AM
As per topic...my lil baby has developed a random grinding / rubbing noise at any speed!

I took it to Vauxhall who said it was the front o/s wheel bearing...i changed it and guess what the friggin noise is still there but not as bad!!!

Ive lowered the car (45mm) and have had it like that for about a year, nowt else has changed, havent driven it any different, doesnt affect steering or power or anything!!!!

Anyone got any ideas?! Noise is coming from front end of car poss o/s but cant be sure!!

Thanks,
Xs

LiD0N
20-03-04, 01:25 AM
is it worse when u steer ?

Flairing Nova
20-03-04, 01:28 AM
Nah, id say its actually worse when there is no steering! But on the other hand when i take a RH bend it does make the noise.

Are we thinking n/s bearing or nowt to do with it at all!??!

Xs

LiD0N
20-03-04, 04:08 AM
well yeh could be.. i have changed a wheel bearing on the wrong side before (thinking it was that one that was whining) it is hard to tell which side the noise comes from or was on mine anyway.. so yeh it could be the other side that was worn all the time.. unless it is something other than the bearing

te17@novasgonemad
20-03-04, 11:22 AM
check that ur front disk shield isnot bent in towards the disk coz mine was and it on only did it at similar times to wot u have sed

nova_rally
20-03-04, 08:13 PM
Front Nearside bearing - thats what mine's turned out to be! Jack yer car up and wiggle the wheel about - any ovement (other than it revolving!) is a buggered bearing.

Alan