PDA

View Full Version : speakers

burtoo
19-03-04, 09:04 AM
ive finally installed ma headunit only running on front speakers coming from the dash, what other speakers do you's recommend me getting, i dont want a amp n sub n stuff jus the basic stuff. what do people recommend to me?

Jack
19-03-04, 10:19 AM
If you don't want a sub but still want fairly good bass, a set of 6x9s would suit. Mount them on an mdf parcel shelf for best sound. You could also mount some round speakers in the doors... if you can be hassled with doing the wiring!

badnova
19-03-04, 12:43 PM
are those speakers in the dash standard
6x9 speakers sounds like your best bet

Lukeo
19-03-04, 02:50 PM
ive finally installed ma headunit only running on front speakers coming from the dash, what other speakers do you's recommend me getting, i dont want a amp n sub n stuff jus the basic stuff. what do people recommend to me?

Trust, you do want SUb and amp! if dont check out the ALPINE range and get some speakers for the rear shelf, they sound pritty good, from Luke

burtoo
19-03-04, 07:22 PM
im thinking 6x9's in parcel shelf, and some speekers in the door pods, i dont think it will be that diffcult jus ill get stressed:P so do i just not use the standard ones in the front? n wire ma hu up with the 6x9's etc?

novaexplod
25-03-04, 05:56 PM
do 4 6x9s 2 in the shelf n 2 in the rear doorcards , then 3 way door speakers in the front doorcards and tweeters.

Barn
26-03-04, 02:46 PM
are 6x9s easy to mount in the rear quarters?

oh, and how easy is it to do a MDF Parcel shelf?

do you use existing supports?

:+:

Jack
26-03-04, 03:01 PM
You might need to reinforce the rear quarters, or replace them with some mdf panels as the plastic stuff will rattle about with speakers in. This would also make it easier to mount the speakers as you'll have a flat surface to work on.

The parcel shelf it pretty easy, just mark out the shape using the old one and cut out. 18mm MDF is best to use. You can use the standard shelf supports but i'd recommend some sort of padding where they hold the parcel shelf else it'll rattle around.