PDA

View Full Version : Bad day

blingmachine
18-03-04, 10:10 PM
Today i had my first crash, well sum twat drove up the back of me in his celica :evil: and to top it off he were'nt insured!
I took his reg and the bloke begged me not to make a claim against him and gave me all the cash out of his wallet, 150 quid :D
Does this count as a settement or should i sue his ass anyway?

Damage ain't to bad, just one major crack and its a bit buckeled on one side. Gives me an excuse to get a new custom one made though :D

Neil.
18-03-04, 10:23 PM
I would say to him I'm going to use the ?150 towards a new rear bumper but it will cost more for respray and fitting. get another ?100 outa him! Just get what you can as im sure he'll do anything for you not to put a claim in.

Mark
18-03-04, 10:27 PM
Tell the cops he threatened you and you had to take the money 'cos you were scared and then screw him!!

no1girlracer
18-03-04, 10:49 PM
You got any witnesses that he hit you ? Otherwise its your word against his.

150 aint enough though, not when you think if you'd gone through insurance you would have got brand new parts fitted and painted at some extortionate hourly labour rate.

blingmachine
18-03-04, 10:58 PM
nope no witnesses :(

And my insurance will surely come into question, which is a grey area to say the least :?

badnova
18-03-04, 11:06 PM
hope you get it fixed soon coz i like your car

Ste_Nova
18-03-04, 11:10 PM
get a quote

knock ?50 cause ur nice

if he can't pay then take his car

Fester
18-03-04, 11:20 PM
nail him for anything you can

big man in a Celica with no insurance eh

Ste_Nova
18-03-04, 11:25 PM
nail him for anything you can

big man in a Celica with no insurance eh

s h i t l e a k e r

badnova
18-03-04, 11:44 PM
that really annoys me how some peole dont have inurece and we have to pay high premiums to have it

jkhilton
18-03-04, 11:55 PM
Do you have all his details?(address, reg, name, phone number etc.) if so, sue him. He hit you, if he had been insured you wouldn't have thought twice about making a claim, so dont be any different now.

The only thing is, he could argue that you settled when he gave you the cash.

John

badnova
19-03-04, 12:02 AM
who says he gave you the money for settlement
he aint got no reciept to prove he gave it to you has he
your word against his again

blingmachine
19-03-04, 12:06 AM
Even if i did say he gave me cash he'd probaly get in more shit for tryin to pay me off, than if i did'nt mention it.

I only got is reg, name (which may not be his real name) and mobile number, which again i did'nt think to check there and then.

badnova
19-03-04, 12:09 AM
well t is his own fault

cooper_nova
19-03-04, 12:23 AM
sorry to hear that mate :cry:

u got a sweet little nova there

hope u get it sorted soon

good luck if u sue him( i wud )
:lol:

ydg27
19-03-04, 12:27 AM
SUE THE nasty little man who hit you, but dont use violence cos' it solves nothing so i keep getting told - lol

?Marty?
19-03-04, 03:05 AM
Keep the money and sue him. Part payment of a debt does not ammount to full consideration.

DUNOVA.
19-03-04, 03:19 AM
Sue the mother fucker :twisted:

so1o
19-03-04, 07:30 AM
Is it true that if you dont report an accident within 24 hours to the police they cant do nothing?

Your word against his is as far as it goes?

Jack
19-03-04, 08:37 AM
And my insurance will surely come into question, which is a grey area to say the least :?

Yeah but at least you HAVE insurance, i'd like to think the law would be more interested in the other guy not having any to worry about the finer details of your insurance!

Jim
19-03-04, 09:19 AM
get a quote

knock ?50 cause ur nice

if he can't pay then take his car

I was going to say something similar. However, I think you should not have taken the money and taken him to court. It's people like him that put our premiums up! It's Illegal to drive without insurance and he needs to be taught a lesson.

Unfortunatley you've already accepted ?150cash, so if you do try to sue, he can claim that you settled out of court :?

Seek some legal advice on whats the best thing to do.

Jim

dave.gsi
19-03-04, 01:24 PM
if he can afford to pull out ?150 from his wallet why the fuck cant he afford to insure his car :roll:

blingmachine
19-03-04, 03:01 PM
Well i though i'd give him a ring today saying that i've got a quote and require more cash but surprise surprise his phone was'nt connected. :x
So i though fuck it and phoned my insurance company who put me onto the police. It turns out that the plates were fake and actuly belonged to sum micra up north :o

The police want me to give a description ect as the guy must have local knowledge as it happened in a backroad near my house. So keep your eyes peeled for a sketchy lookin black dude in a red celica :wink:

Jack
19-03-04, 03:14 PM
So keep your eyes peeled for a sketchy lookin black dude in a red celica :wink:

....with a slight dent in his bumper lol

i was gonna say it sounds like he might have nicked the car

Dpnova
19-03-04, 03:25 PM
ohh well good luck finding him now ur lucky he gave you 150 he could have just said do it on insurance

Jim
19-03-04, 05:03 PM
I was gonna ask what the chances were of it being a stolen car, but I thought that he gave you enough details to make it legit.

If it happens again, phone the persons mobile whilst you're there, that way you now you have the correct number.

You are very lucky that you got ?150 cash out of him, as said above, he could have told you to go through the Insurance.

Jim