PDA

View Full Version : Speeds up to 133mph detected on A127

2litreturbo
18-03-04, 02:55 PM
Speeds up to 133mph detected on A127

Covert safety camera operations took place on the weekend of 20 February 2004 during Friday evening to Saturday morning and Saturday evening to Sunday morning. During these operations 18 vehicles were detected doing 100mph or more on the A127 with the highest speed recorded at 133mph, 63mph above the speed limit.

Brian Ladd, Casualty Reduction Manager said: "We were extremely concerned about the level of high speeds being exhibited late in the evening on this road. Two youngsters died recently in this area and there have been a number of fatal and serious crashes along the A127. I believe the vast majority of the public would find these speeds unacceptable on a busy public road.
"This enforcement sends a message out to those motorists driving irresponsibly, that if they continue with this behaviour there is a high likelihood that they will be detected."

Due to the excessive level of high speeds and a record of serious accidents on the A127 the Essex Safety Camera Partnership will operate covert Safety Cameras on the A127.
These cameras will be operating discreetly and the locations and times will not be advertised.

Will
18-03-04, 03:09 PM
they have been doing that for years. I was driving back from south end a few yrs back my tax disk had expired 2 days before and my mot had ran out at midnight it was 1am, crusing along at 90, few cars in front flash flash, stamp on break see hidden camera no1 cud see how ever good your eyes are. scary stuff as i wouldnt have had docs to show at the time, was meaning to get tax that day but post office was having probs and then was going to go home at 10pm but was a good night and stayed, not been to southend much in the last yr or so........ be warned, save the fun for the M25 at 2/3am sunday mornings, lol

Nova_boy_69
18-03-04, 03:11 PM
do uno if there putting any fixed cameras in?

2litreturbo
18-03-04, 04:04 PM
they have had cameras there for years but on that particular night (20th feb) they were not prosecuting. It was simply a survey.

Nova_boy_69 - No fixed cameras in the 70mph zone. Lots of fixed cameras once it turns into a 40mph limit. So stick to 40. Between the start of the 40 zone and the front (about 3 miles) there are 7-8 cameras depending on which way you go.

they will still be using mobile cameras in the 70 zone.

Snowface
18-03-04, 06:14 PM
Speeds up to 133mph detected on A127

Covert safety camera operations took place on the weekend of 20 February 2004 during Friday evening to Saturday morning and Saturday evening to Sunday morning. During these operations 18 vehicles were detected doing 100mph or more on the A127 with the highest speed recorded at 133mph, 63mph above the speed limit.

Brian Ladd, Casualty Reduction Manager said: "We were extremely concerned about the level of high speeds being exhibited late in the evening on this road. Two youngsters died recently in this area and there have been a number of fatal and serious crashes along the A127. I believe the vast majority of the public would find these speeds unacceptable on a busy public road.
"This enforcement sends a message out to those motorists driving irresponsibly, that if they continue with this behaviour there is a high likelihood that they will be detected."

Due to the excessive level of high speeds and a record of serious accidents on the A127 the Essex Safety Camera Partnership will operate covert Safety Cameras on the A127.
These cameras will be operating discreetly and the locations and times will not be advertised.

It doesn't say they are taking down registratoin plate numbers and fining peeps.

Maybe they are doing it just to see what speeds rather than catch people.

2litreturbo
18-03-04, 06:45 PM
I said that it was just a survey. But i reckon next time they will be ready!

they have had cameras there for years but on that particular night (20th feb) they were not prosecuting. It was simply a survey.

Barn
18-03-04, 07:47 PM
i say they are all lucky b*stards for not getting done

dan_mk1
18-03-04, 07:51 PM
fuck that, if its early in the morning ill happily do 130 in a 70,
at the end of the day if your doing it at that time, who is there to kill? no1 but yourself?!

novadosed1.4sr
18-03-04, 08:05 PM
ru the guy wit the purpley color 2litre turbo?if so is that the nite there was a few of us that met up in the esso garage coming out of southend?we were very lucky i think there would of been 5 or more of us that lost our licenses that nite had they been actual cameras!

adam

2litreturbo
18-03-04, 08:18 PM
ru the guy wit the purpley color 2litre turbo?if so is that the nite there was a few of us that met up in the esso garage coming out of southend?we were very lucky i think there would of been 5 or more of us that lost our licenses that nite had they been actual cameras!

adam

i have a purple 2 litre and a cream blue pearl turbo. Was it me you saw?

CP
21-03-04, 01:01 PM
lol 133 is that all :lol:

dan_mk1
21-03-04, 05:15 PM

and your supposed to be the 'responsible' member of NL :wink:

olly55
21-03-04, 05:44 PM
they place the mobile cameras in the same place every time,

even when they hide em for su mreason i always spot the lil blu falshin led on the back of the camera jus in tyme to slow down

the r very snide cunts

scott.parker
21-03-04, 06:00 PM
i hate it when they hide them,why call them safty cams..there used just to take are hard earn cash away..

scott :?

Will
21-03-04, 08:49 PM

how abt 165 thats more fun surely ROF :lol: :lol:

Jules
22-03-04, 08:40 AM

and your supposed to be the 'responsible' member of NL :wink:

Age is just a number eh Charles?
:lol:

2litreturbo
22-03-04, 01:12 PM
i hate it when they hide them,why call them safty cams..there used just to take are hard earn cash away..

scott :?

i hate it when people say this. If you break the law, expect to be punished. If you speed, you cant complain when you get a fine. It doesn;t matter if they pop out the ground, they can hide them where they like.

If you speed and get caught it's your tough luck. Dont blame anyone else. If i get a speeding ticket, i will accept it and i am the only one to blame.

scott.parker
22-03-04, 05:16 PM
no you got me wrong im just sayin i hate the way they call them safty cams! cus halth the time there not even in a place where there has been loads of crshes ect..
but if im caught speeding then yes i will blame me only cus no one els is driving my car but me...

scott

LET_SALOON
22-03-04, 05:35 PM
I got caught doin 124mph on the a127 during the traffic survey. :(

CP
22-03-04, 05:39 PM
Bollox to "stealth tax" speed cameras :evil: - build more roads and reduce over crowding on them. Thats the real answer.

Overcrowded roads are dangerous and signifcantly raise the costs on important economic activity.

scott.parker
22-03-04, 05:42 PM
thanks this is my point there just taking more off are cash by other silly way's..i mean 1p on a pint of beer. :lol: :lol:
but the petrol goe's up by sh1t loads...

scott

2litreturbo
22-03-04, 08:37 PM
i mean 1p on a pint of beer. :lol: :lol:

scott

petrol price = frozen

scott.parker
22-03-04, 08:45 PM
No mate im sayin that when they put on tax it is on the petrol normaly,but this time they just go and put 1p on beer,whats that all about?
If it anything to do with cars then it's tax it tax it..but not the beer..

scott

2litreturbo
22-03-04, 08:57 PM
maybe they are trying to stop people drinking and driving. No when we go to the pub it will be "drink?" , "nah mate, i'm driving - it's cheaper"
or something similar

scott.parker
22-03-04, 09:03 PM
:lol: well you wouldnt drink and drive though thats just fukin stupid mate so yep it would be cheaper,cus if anyone was caught doing that it's your job gone without a car..

scott

Jules
23-03-04, 08:21 AM
i mean 1p on a pint of beer. :lol: :lol:

scott

petrol price = frozen

...........until september.