PDA

View Full Version : Alarm to indicator wiring question

sm1thson
18-03-04, 01:50 PM
hi just wired up a new alarm to pretect my new purchase. i need now to connect it to the indicators, the alarm modules are mostly behind the dash and hence so is my wiring.

the simplist way i can see to wire it to the indicators, is running wires directly to the +s on the front indicators (as in run the wire right up to them), i want to avoid this as it will be hard to keep the wiring neet, i could run wires to the back but thats just a waste of wire!.

ideally i want to connect it under the dash or someware not two far away any ideas? (and please let me know if you are speculating or have tried it).

(ive done a lot of work w/ electrics and electronics, but not much w/ cars.)

Jack
18-03-04, 01:59 PM
I did this on mine, from what i remember (and i've just been to the pub so i can't remember a lot lol) you can get to the indicator wires under the dash, near the steering column - wire your alarm to those, just after it comes away from the indicator stalks and it will control all your indicators (front, back, sides). The haynes manual wiring diagram helps a lot as this tells you what colour wire to look for, but i don't have one to hand at the moment.

Ste_Nova
18-03-04, 05:06 PM
easiers way is to tap into the side repeator wires inside the car...

harder and neater is going to the hazzard light switch

sm1thson
19-03-04, 08:41 AM
what about wiring to the conections from the relay thing that clicks away next to the main fuse box? anyone tried this?

(note its a 1990 mk1 1.5TD)