PDA

View Full Version : Can employers Black list you?

Neil.
18-03-04, 01:23 AM
I quit yesterday after arguments with the boss, so as the title says...

Cheese
18-03-04, 01:26 AM
Only by word of mouth! Its always better to resign and finish your employment at a company at the end of your notice period, that way at least you can put them down for a reference if you need one for a future job..

Neil.
18-03-04, 01:35 AM
so there's not actualy a list like a credit card or bank thingy where it will stay with you?
Mate at work said Boss had black listed me and within 6 months future employers will have to talk to my boss. But my mate can bullsh!te a bit, he also said it's what he heard.

As for the refference my kitchen manager would give one as he's a mate and i work in the kitchen with him where as the manager/boss is hardly ever in the kitchen!

So wasn't bothered about that.

Neil.
18-03-04, 01:36 AM
and as i just said he's sent me a text saying
'only messin with ya, dont blame you for leaving, everyone has had enough, we will all be gone within the few weeks)

So im releaved.

Cheese
18-03-04, 01:40 AM
Nice one! :D

If you can leave and still get a good reference, thats even better :)

j0anne
18-03-04, 01:42 AM
i dont think an employer is allowed to give a bad reference whether that would stop them i dont no...

Neil.
18-03-04, 01:45 AM
yeah for future employers will explain how my old manager made us work 15 hours on sundays and never gave praise or reviews or anything. never gave 11 hours rest between shifts. And how he even made 3 gilrs walk out by shouting at them very agresivly!

Nah the kicthen manager is into modded cars and stuff, talk about em all time. he said to give them his number and he'll give a slightly bias great reffence.

Eveyone has told me how they dont blame me for leaving. just need to make him suffer now, maybe 100's of with held phone calls late at night!

:twisted: :twisted:

?Marty?
18-03-04, 05:43 AM
The 'blacklisting' is just within the same company (different branches if they are a chain for example), or other companies that may be owned by them.

And, in effect, it is also the reference. Some companies WILL take up the LAST/current job as a reference if you list it on a cv.

Funnily though, it is ILLEGAL for employers and etc to CHECK the cv i.e. to determine whether you're lying. Although if you got a job by lying, and was later found of lying you could/woul dget dismissed. And could be sued yourself.

Oh, and due to legal reasons, it is virtually impossible for an employer to give a bad reference thesedays. But you also can't prove what you might not know.

epo
18-03-04, 07:37 PM
neil how did u re frame from knockin ur boss out
i would have leathered him

Stuart
18-03-04, 07:41 PM
an employer that really didnt like you can decline to give a reference, which will give the future employer a "good" idea as to how employable you are lol

as soon as i get a job offer in the uk im outta here lol

?Marty?
19-03-04, 03:19 AM
lol yeah the ''decline'' IS a biatch!

Jack
19-03-04, 09:00 AM
lol this is why i'm keeping my part time job on at boots for the time being, i can get away with pissing off everyone at my full time job at the council and then when a future employer asks for a reference from a current or last employer i get one from my part time job 8)