PDA

View Full Version : 1.4sr in2 1.2i + cat (grr)

jamesnova
17-03-04, 09:14 PM
hey ppl,
i have a 1993 k-reg 1.2i 3dr spin. im lookin in2 fittin a 1.4sr lump in it wen the insurance drops. wot will i need 2 do 2fit the engine n wot do i do about the cat? will i need 2 modify the sr system 2 take the cat??
ive heard that novas dont need 2 have a cat but then some ppl say that do???? which is right?
ne help at all with this is greatly appriciated!

cheers

jamesnova

Nick
17-03-04, 10:49 PM
from wot i've heard, the ministry of wotever it is, have no record of Nova's having/needing cat's.

So therefor i guess you could just skip the cat out ! plus if the SR engine doesn't need a cat originally then it's fine not to put one on, cos it's specified by the engine not the yr of the car.

Nick
17-03-04, 10:51 PM
1.4 Sr conversion is a pretty simple procedure, there aren't much things you need except for an engine n gearbox maybe..... someone will have done it n will know exactly what you need

johnny27
17-03-04, 10:57 PM
Some ppl on here said before that you can't run a cat on a carb fueled car, defeintely not pass the MOT since SRs are carb fueled. I almost 100% sure you could'nt use your orignal 1.2 SPi. If you really wanted to keep your cat, you'd have to get an injection system from an SRI, exhaust manifold (for lamba sensor) Dizzy, maybe the ECU as well, ports as well might need matching. Not worth it, give the cat the axe and declare a differnent engine to DVLNI so you don't need one.

Aragorn
18-03-04, 12:56 AM
the MOT hand book states the CAT regulations go on the OLDER of the engine OR the car

so if u placed a 1990 1.4SR engine into a corsa you wouldnt need a cat

same applies to your nova - ALL 1.4 SR engines were PRE august 1992 so they are all pre-cat regulations so u can just run a standard 1.4sr exhaust