epo
17-03-04, 07:32 PM
how do u fit these things r they easy and is there a guide
also what the fook do u call them

theres a pic on here looks smart

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1118

Adam
17-03-04, 07:44 PM
I would just call it the Corsa Dash Display.
Fitting i think would just be a case of finding somewhere to mount it and then just feeding it a permanent live, as it displays time/date/temperature and so it don't need a signal feed from anything, it just needs powering.
I haven't seen it done before apart from in that SR, so i don't there is a guide, but i would just think that it would be a case of getting it out of the corsa and just giving it a live feed, doesn't seem too difficult, in theory.
Someone needs to mail that Lee who owns the car and ask him for the connection details.

ydg27
17-03-04, 07:50 PM
just fitted one to my nova, dead easy!
literally a 5 minute job to wire in, the temperature senser is a bit harder cos of finding somewhere to mount it, you need a permenant live, switched live and earth, its that simple.

there is a thread in this section a couple of pages back with the wiring diagram in, check it out me ode

epo
17-03-04, 08:16 PM
nice 1 where is the temp sender unit on the corsa

did all corsa have them

Adam
17-03-04, 08:18 PM
Yeah that is what i was thinking, is the switched live through the ignition, as i wasn't sure whether it turned off when the ignition was off.
And the temperature sensor needs mounting somewhere that there is a normal temp, not like near the windows etc.

EPO:- I think, almost know for sure that the SRI corsas had em, so all corsas above the SRI probably had them as well, i don't know about the 1.2 and 1 litre versions though.

epo
17-03-04, 08:22 PM
itll be like ur stereo u'll need a perminant in order to hold the date and time like ur stereo holds the station numbers

where on the corsa which i get the display from is the temp sensor mounted tho

ydg27
17-03-04, 10:48 PM
get the unit out of an astra, the sensor is mounted on the passenger side of the front bumper, look a black shroud going towards the front bumper, blue/white and blue wires going to a wierd looking sensor.

i wired mine to the swithed live, live and earth of the stereo. duck tape has some use in mounting the sensor :wink:

Riggy
19-03-04, 03:22 PM
where did you mount your sensor

m.d.
19-03-04, 03:29 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=89121&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

that is a link to the replys i got when i asked the same question. helped quite a bit really