PDA

View Full Version : engine seized ??????

Riggy
17-03-04, 05:49 PM
ALRIGHT GUYS GOT ANOTHER NOVA LAST NIGHT BUT THE LAD I GOT IT OFF SAYS THAT THE ENGINE IS SEIZED I WAS WONDERIN HOW WOULD YOU FIND OUT IF IT IS < WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY ALL YOU GET IS ONE CLICK SI I WAS THINKING MAYBEE STARTER SO I WILL CHECK THIS OVER THE WEEKEND BUT IS THERE ANYTHIN ELSE IT MIGHT BE

CHEERS CARL

(sorry bout the caps lock just noticed)

Nick
17-03-04, 07:01 PM
I would have thought that if the pistons are siezed then you would still get the typical started motor sound.... just to no avail !

i'd check the started motor first !

-Bruce-
17-03-04, 08:25 PM
get a 19mm socket and give the engine a turn over at the camshaft or on the crank. and then you wil know if its siezed or not. take it out of gear tho!! :lol:

Cheese
18-03-04, 12:51 AM
Stick it in 4/5th and push it!
Hows the battery on it? If its low the starter wont turn the engine over, the solenoid will fire, hence the click, but there wont be enough power to turn the engine..

Aragorn
18-03-04, 01:00 AM
try putting it into a high gear and pushing it with a few mates - have the bonnet open and look to see if the cam belt is turning (u may need to remove the belt cover) or the alternator is turning

failing that try and bump start it but this wouldnt show u exactly what was happening - a dodgy earth strap could cause a click followed by nothing and would also more that likely cause a bump start to fail

_JH_
18-03-04, 07:19 PM
try some of the above with the spark plugs removed. after all, you want to see if its seized. you can worry about starting it later

Riggy
18-03-04, 09:24 PM
tryed bumping it last night but with no luck all it did was just sop when the gears engaged it nearly did it on 1 occasion got a little bit of exaust fume lol