PDA

View Full Version : enigine coversion

stevous2003
17-03-04, 04:42 PM
i want to know if i change my engine from a 1.2i to a gsi engine where do i stand about the cat as it has to have one, really wanna change the engine but worried bout mot n e help would be good :?

dave.gsi
17-03-04, 04:44 PM
i think it goes on the age of the engine not the car.

so you could fit an early gsi engine without a cat without mot problems

stevous2003
17-03-04, 04:52 PM
thought it was age of the car?

Adam
17-03-04, 06:15 PM
It goes on the age of the engine, because it is the engine that is fitted with the cat and not the car if you get what i mean.
Anyway no Novas are listed in the emissions test, not even K reg which would have newer engines. Thats what i was told anyway, i think i was told by WILL in a previous post somewhere.

geordie_racer
18-03-04, 11:56 AM
ffs sake do people not read old posts? no nova ever needs a cat so just get rid of it.

Gazza14SR
18-03-04, 12:20 PM
ffs sake do people not read old posts? no nova ever needs a cat so just get rid of it.

my mates sri did.

Philsutton
18-03-04, 03:37 PM
it goes by the age of the engine but you dont really need a cat on the nova anyway.

geordie_racer
18-03-04, 04:18 PM
ur mate gone done over then gazza, there is no need for any nova to have a cat as it is not listed on the ministry of transport list for the cat emission test this is based on fact, i have seen 5 different copies of this list(i didn't believe the one on the net so went round a few garages) and none of them list the vauxhall nova as requiring a cat regardless of what plate the nova is on or the age of the engine.

chris